Samsung video phone

The song you are all clamoring for is called What Are You Afraid Of by West Indian Girl. Their self-titled album isn't yet out (August). However, it is in rotation on KCRW. Also, I think it's either this month or next, but if you buy stuff at Urban Outfitters they have those CDs they give away... Anyway they have a song on that (not sure which one). There is also an Astralwerks sampler floating around (or soon will be) that features them.

Hell yeah! That's the song!!! The Sounds - Living In America! Thank you so much!

Um, first of all, THANK YOU!!! Yeah, that's definitely it. Gorgeous song.

I wasnt sure if it was the song since I didn't hear any samples of it. My day is complete ;)

Yep. That's it alright. So West Indian Girl is the song from the 2nd version. So we've identified all of them except the piano :( And that's the one I wanted all along ....

Okay then... I could have sworn someone said the West Indian Girl song was a replacement for the Estella Warren ad version! Sorry for misinterpreting that!

so it was What Are You Afraid Of by West Indian Girl..... oopps!! i know it was mentioned but since there wasnt any sample of it, i wasnt sure. but know its clear that it is the song!!! (well one of the songs, anyway.... people are still trying to find other songs...)

:D Yay! I got the name of the piano song. It's "Californie" by Air. It's off their Premiers Symptomes CD. Funny thing is, I own that CD, have listened to it hundreds of times, but I still had to call the ad agency to get the song. That's why it was driving me mad ....
:blink:

Premiers Symptomes

Oh, I hate that! It's right there under your nose!!

So, now the only song that hasn't been identified is the club song, right? But, I Don't think anyone was asking about it anyway...

Alright, thanks to everyone's help on this insanely confusing campaign! :)

I've made a front page post to the Adtunes.com Weblog on all this -- hopefully it's all sorted out and we can all rest easy! ;)

ahh fuck i knew it was air although i didnt know which album.. thanx praxis!

For those of you that are interested in West Indian Girl's upcoming release....

West Indian Girl Pre-Order

Admins... please feel free to alter the link to use your associate acct. I don't wanna break the rules. But since you posted Amazon links to all the other music in the commercial in question, I thought this should be added to the thread as well.

they must have just put that up recently, so thanks for the link. ;)

I'll probably buy it. I play the song "What Are You Afraid Of" at least 3 times a day. It's just that good. The commercial doesn't do it justice.

Originally posted by Abby@Jul 18 2004, 10:59 AM
I'll probably buy it. I play the song "What Are You Afraid Of" at least 3 times a day. It's just that good. The commercial doesn't do it justice.
Do you have a link for that version of the ad? I haven't seen it yet -- would like to hear this song, and see what all the fuss is about! :)

Actually, a member posted the link for the song on this very thread. You can find it on page 4, 3rd poster. :ph34r:

Cool song -- right up my alley! I can't believe I haven't seen the ad though.

Yeah, that song is definitely what type of music I favor. In the case of the commercial, you don't really need to see. It looks like the other one, but with missing parts. :)

Back