Samsung video phone

there are a few ads airing at the same time, which only complicates things!! i do know this: it's not the one with the tango-like song, and it's not the one with "dice" (btw, that's a good song...)
this is the one in which a girl realizes she has misplaced her cell phone and when she turns around, a guy hands it to her. the song has lyrics, i just can't remember any of them right now (don't i have great timing/memory?!!!!). it sounds soft and dreamy......

No no no... it's not the same commercial as the one with Estella Warren and the guy taking pictures of her. and the song isn't a woman singing..

I'm talking about the commercial with all those girls and it being about the main girl's life.. "My life is an adventure, full of uncertainty.... This is my life by me.."

hahahahaha! or some shit like that, i couldn't find a link to it on samsung's website.

THERES ONLY ONE THING LEFT TO DO: sit here and watch tv until i see the commercial and then write down some of the lyrics!

BBrocks and Taxi... I was mistaken -- you're after the same ad.

I've only seen one of the Samsung ads. But, I'll try and weed through all the different posts on the Samsung ads and organize them... Right now, we've got the three ads jumbled into one thread -- too confusing!

wow, i'm really confused!!!! i thought the one taxi was talking about was the same one.... oh well!!!!

There's no piano music in the one i'm talking about... Just the dude singing, sounds like one of the beatles, but doesn't everyone..

taxi,

As I mentioned in another thread, I have seen two versions of the same commercial for Samsung's VM-A680 video phone, (the girl talking about "the movie about my life") using totally different music. I have seen the one you are referring to with the man singing -- sounds mellow, as you described, sort of Beatles or Radiohead-ish -- and the piano is in the other version, at the end, right after some more uptempo music, some of which is Finley Quaye's "Dice". I saw your version tonight.

Sorry to beat this into the ground. Here's a little more info. The commercial is for Samsung's VM-A680 video phone. The entire trailer (at least one version) is available at :

http://www.samsungtelecom.com/a680/index.html

In the Flash intro, click "See movies", then click "See the trailer" near the bottom of the main screen. The ad will start. You'll hear an uptempo guitar song in the beginning, followed by "Dice", then, briefly, some club music and the piano at the end.

its living in america by the sounds. does anyone know what the song in the end of the commercial is. when its her and her boyfriend on the roof of some place theres a small piano piece played and i cant find it anywhere. anyone?

Which ad has "Living in America" by the Sounds in it? There are at least 3 Samsung ads airing right now... and I'm trying to sort them out.

its the song that isnt the distillers in the movie about my life or whatever ad.

Okay... I've finally managed to sort through (and make sense) out of all the various requests and merge them together. I'll attempt to recap what's been mentioned so far.

1. If you are looking for the Samsung ad with Estella Warren, the girl who takes the phone from the guy and starts taking pictures of herself/laying across a car... The song used for the ad is called "Mi corazon," by Campo. (Link goes to available audio sample, track 4.)

2. There are two different versions of the ad being discussed in this thread, the "This is a movie about my life. Made by me."

3. So far, the order of the ad's music that we know so far -- the version that ends with piano music (you can watch here - click "movies" then "see trailer"):

- Girl driving around town with friends, going to lunch/upbeat guitar song, female vocals: "Living in America" by the Sounds. (Link goes to available audio sample, track 3.)
- Girl loses phone, guy returns it to her/lyrics "I was crying over you": "Dice" by Quinly Faye. (Link goes to available audio sample, track 3.)
- Girl at club dancing, confetti falling/tango-ish club song: Unknown
- Girl and guy go to rooftop and kiss/piano tune: "Californie" by Air.

4. The secong version of this ad ("This is a movie about my life. Made by me.") is shorter and contains only one song, male singer. That song is called "What Are You Afraid Of" by West Indian Girl. Their debut album, which will include this song, is due to release in August 2004.

So... does all that make sense? Did I get everything straight that's been confused so far? :blink:

It's soooooo difficult not to pull your hair out over the flood of questions when some company starts a major campaign like this one. :blink: :wacko:
I saw this coming and have WISELY avoided this thread until now. :lol:

Michelle,

Yes. Good work condensing the threads and trying to make sense of the Samsung global blitzkrieg :eek:

A couple things to add:

1. the Sounds' "Living in America"is the song playing in the beginning of the first version with the trailer online (Girl driving around town with friends, going to lunch/upbeat guitar song).

2. Therefore, the song from the second version is still unknown. It's much mellower than the Sounds tune, a bit like Radiohead in my ears, the guy has a bit of a Thom Yorke thing happening. The seond version is shorter in general than the first (a 10 or 15 second spot rather than a 30 second) and uses just one song rather than four. But it has no trailer online.

ahh, okay! Thanks for clearing that up Praxis. I'll make the changes. :)

Yeah, #4 is the one I'm curious about. Damn it, why doesn't Samsung post something about it. Artist let companies use their songs as promotion, but how is that going to work if we don't know who the artist is. *sigh*

I think there are lyrics to it, but I don't know what he's saying and the singer has a really mellow voice and mellow beat. Good stuff.

I only see the commercial when I'm not looking for it, and that was like twice. What channels [Fox, WB, etc] does everyone usually seen it?

Add me to the list of people looking for the band that created the song on #4. I've been able to determine the lyrics (thank god for Tivo). The only line I'm not sure about is the last 2 lines so please forgive me if it's wrong:

I lost myself
Inside someone else
I couldn't see
The lines between her and me

La la la la la

When all the years fade.

Now if you're pulling your hair out (like I am) about finding out who this is, you can tide yourself over in the meantime by listening to a band called Doves who have a (relatively) similar song called "Caught by the River" on the album, The Last Broadcast.

Hope this helps

Del

Back