houston

Originally posted by givemfitz+Sep 11 2005, 08:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (givemfitz @ Sep 11 2005, 08:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ravyyn
Example 13% of Americans blame the White House for New Orleans right now. The reality, there are laws, processes and procedures that government is bound by, one of them state and local government did not relinquish control in time to FEMA. FEMA can not step in until they are allowed, and even then can only do so much based on these laws we all voted and passed.

Well these laws you say we all voted on and passed were in fact forced upon us.

At the federal level we only vote for representatives to pass laws in the interests of their constituents. Almost universally these constituents turn out to be special interest groups who've donated heavily to their campaigns and not the voting public.
We do however vote on propositions and ballot measures at the state and local levels which are all too often circumvented by the representatives for which we vote on that level. Don't believe me? Click

In the case of Katrina, FEMA took almost a week to arive on the scene in any meaningful way. I know that they had the state and local ok to act well in advance of that. The fact is that when they did get the ok they weren't ready.

Also FEMA is now under the umbrella of Homeland Security and is not funded as it once was. Homeland Security is the the brainchild of the Dubya Administration. An Administration that was handed it's first term by the electoral college and the Supreme Court. Not by a majority vote of the people. There's that voting flaw rearing it's ugly head again. <_<

IMHO I think that it is quite possible that you are just as blinded by the Federal Government within which you work as you accuse others of being by the press.

Our Federal Government and it's agencies bear the brunt of the blame for the SNAFU that was Katrina Relief and rightly so. The fact is that it was bungled at every Government level and the mishandling got worse the further up the ladder you look.

The major flaw in most peoples thinking in matters such as this is that they believe we live in a Democracy when in fact we live in a Republic. I'm not putting down this fact. Just stating it. Look up the difference for yourselves. ;) [/b][/quote]
Obviously you are another mindless democratic, insult me, expect one back. I accused no one, obviously you did not read where I said I am sorry I started this argument, so let it go.

When you receive a Paycheck from FEMA, then we can talk, until then you are blind. Get over yourself

Originally posted by ravyn+Sep 12 2005, 10:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ravyn @ Sep 12 2005, 10:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by givemfitz@Sep 11 2005, 08:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ravyyn

Example 13% of Americans blame the White House for New Orleans right now. The reality, there are laws, processes and procedures that government is bound by, one of them state and local government did not relinquish control in time to FEMA. FEMA can not step in until they are allowed, and even then can only do so much based on these laws we all voted and passed.

At the federal level we only vote for representatives to pass laws in the interests of their constituents. Almost universally these constituents turn out to be special interest groups who've donated heavily to their campaigns and not the voting public.
We do however vote on propositions and ballot measures at the state and local levels which are all too often circumvented by the representatives for which we vote on that level. Don't believe me? Click

In the case of Katrina, FEMA took almost a week to arive on the scene in any meaningful way. I know that they had the state and local ok to act well in advance of that. The fact is that when they did get the ok they weren't ready.

Also FEMA is now under the umbrella of Homeland Security and is not funded as it once was. Homeland Security is the the brainchild of the Dubya Administration. An Administration that was handed it's first term by the electoral college and the Supreme Court. Not by a majority vote of the people. There's that voting flaw rearing it's ugly head again. <_<

IMHO I think that it is quite possible that you are just as blinded by the Federal Government within which you work as you accuse others of being by the press.

Our Federal Government and it's agencies bear the brunt of the blame for the SNAFU that was Katrina Relief and rightly so. The fact is that it was bungled at every Government level and the mishandling got worse the further up the ladder you look.

The major flaw in most peoples thinking in matters such as this is that they believe we live in a Democracy when in fact we live in a Republic. I'm not putting down this fact. Just stating it. Look up the difference for yourselves. ;)
Obviously you are another mindless democratic, insult me, expect one back. I accused no one, obviously you did not read where I said I am sorry I started this argument, so let it go.

When you receive a Paycheck from FEMA, then we can talk, until then you are blind. Get over yourself [/b][/quote]
Will you shut up about it!?

Thanks, hon :)

Originally posted by andy+Sep 12 2005, 06:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (andy @ Sep 12 2005, 06:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by goldengloves88@Sep 12 2005, 10:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Enyone
@Sep 12 2005, 11:33 AM
:(  I cried

me too.. i like to feel children.. :naughty:
:blink: [/b][/quote]
Andy you crack me up. You are too funny

Originally posted by andy+Sep 12 2005, 06:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (andy @ Sep 12 2005, 06:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ravyn+Sep 12 2005, 10:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ravyn @ Sep 12 2005, 10:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-givemfitz@Sep 11 2005, 08:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ravyyn

The major flaw in most peoples thinking in matters such as this is that they believe we live in a Democracy when in fact we live in a Republic. I'm not putting down this fact. Just stating it. Look up the difference for yourselves. ;)

When you receive a Paycheck from FEMA, then we can talk, until then you are blind. Get over yourself [/b][/quote]

Thanks, hon :) [/b][/quote]
you cooking dinner tonight honey? I want meatballs :D

Originally posted by ravyn+Sep 12 2005, 10:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ravyn @ Sep 12 2005, 10:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by andy+Sep 12 2005, 06:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (andy @ Sep 12 2005, 06:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ravyn@Sep 12 2005, 10:42 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-givemfitz
@Sep 11 2005, 08:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ravyyn

When you receive a Paycheck from FEMA, then we can talk, until then you are blind. Get over yourself

Thanks, hon :) [/b][/quote]
you cooking dinner tonight honey? I want meatballs :D [/b][/quote]
Nope. Chicken.

how about a circle jerk with Wil then? We can use the salad dressing too....

Originally posted by ravyn@Sep 12 2005, 10:51 PM
OR you could eat cum in a corner with a dunce cap on your head.

Yep like that young fresh stuff of yours, not tainted. YET>>>>

Originally posted by andy+Sep 12 2005, 10:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (andy @ Sep 12 2005, 10:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ravyn@Sep 12 2005, 10:51 PM
OR you could eat cum in a corner with a dunce cap on your head.

No, you just suck anus :)

Woo for child molestation! :woo: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: *choking* :lol:

Originally posted by ravyn@Sep 12 2005, 11:02 PM
Yep like that young fresh stuff of yours, not tainted. YET>>>>
I think I'll keep my cock away from you, thank you.

So does that mean your taking back all of your frequent flyer miles from me?

Originally posted by ravyn@Sep 12 2005, 07:42 PM

Did you think that making a little dislaimer after such a lengthy post would make you immune to a rebutal? :lol:

I fail to see where it is that I insulted you unless you find facts insulting. :rolleyes: Or is it that I said you were just as blinded by the Federal Government as you claim others to be by the press? How is that anymore insulting than your accusation. I happen to think that in most cases both are true.

BTW I happen to think that Nixon was one of the greatest Presidents this country has ever had. So much for you mindless Democrat theory. I just call them the way I see them and I don't miss much. ;)

And why would I want a paycheck from FEMA? Everyone worth a crap left quite some time ago. Should I take it from the angry response that you're still there? :lol: :lol:

I suggest you refrain from making those kinds of posts if you don't want a fair public forum for a different point of view as making the post and then saying you wish you hadn't really doesn't cut it. ;)

Back