houston

Ba Bock bock bock, ba bock bock bock, ba bock bock bocka bock bock bock
Bagock!!!...bock

Goodnight everyone :)

Oh, wait, never mind! She's talking to her OTHER friend "Jason." <_<

Originally posted by Ravyyn
Example 13% of Americans blame the White House for New Orleans right now. The reality, there are laws, processes and procedures that government is bound by, one of them state and local government did not relinquish control in time to FEMA. FEMA can not step in until they are allowed, and even then can only do so much based on these laws we all voted and passed.

Well these laws you say we all voted on and passed were in fact forced upon us.

At the federal level we only vote for representatives to pass laws in the interests of their constituents. Almost universally these constituents turn out to be special interest groups who've donated heavily to their campaigns and not the voting public.
We do however vote on propositions and ballot measures at the state and local levels which are all too often circumvented by the representatives for which we vote on that level. Don't believe me? Click

In the case of Katrina, FEMA took almost a week to arive on the scene in any meaningful way. I know that they had the state and local ok to act well in advance of that. The fact is that when they did get the ok they weren't ready.

Also FEMA is now under the umbrella of Homeland Security and is not funded as it once was. Homeland Security is the the brainchild of the Dubya Administration. An Administration that was handed it's first term by the electoral college and the Supreme Court. Not by a majority vote of the people. There's that voting flaw rearing it's ugly head again. <_<

IMHO I think that it is quite possible that you are just as blinded by the Federal Government within which you work as you accuse others of being by the press.

Our Federal Government and it's agencies bear the brunt of the blame for the SNAFU that was Katrina Relief and rightly so. The fact is that it was bungled at every Government level and the mishandling got worse the further up the ladder you look.

The major flaw in most peoples thinking in matters such as this is that they believe we live in a Democracy when in fact we live in a Republic. I'm not putting down this fact. Just stating it. Look up the difference for yourselves. ;)

Originally posted by givemfitz+Sep 12 2005, 02:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (givemfitz @ Sep 12 2005, 02:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ravyyn
Example 13% of Americans blame the White House for New Orleans right now. The reality, there are laws, processes and procedures that government is bound by, one of them state and local government did not relinquish control in time to FEMA. FEMA can not step in until they are allowed, and even then can only do so much based on these laws we all voted and passed.

Well these laws you say we all voted on and passed were in fact forced upon us.

At the federal level we only vote for representatives to pass laws in the interests of their constituents. Almost universally these constituents turn out to be special interest groups who've donated heavily to their campaigns and not the voting public.
We do however vote on propositions and ballot measures at the state and local levels which are all too often circumvented by the representatives for which we vote on that level. Don't believe me? Click

In the case of Katrina, FEMA took almost a week to arive on the scene in any meaningful way. I know that they had the state and local ok to act well in advance of that. The fact is that when they did get the ok they weren't ready.

Also FEMA is now under the umbrella of Homeland Security and is not funded as it once was. Homeland Security is the the brainchild of the Dubya Administration. An Administration that was handed it's first term by the electoral college and the Supreme Court. Not by a majority vote of the people. There's that voting flaw rearing it's ugly head again. <_<

IMHO I think that it is quite possible that you are just as blinded by the Federal Government within which you work as you accuse others of being by the press.

Our Federal Government and it's agencies bear the brunt of the blame for the SNAFU that was Katrina Relief and rightly so. The fact is that it was bungled at every Government level and the mishandling got worse the further up the ladder you look.

The major flaw in most peoples thinking in matters such as this is that they believe we live in a Democracy when in fact we live in a Republic. I'm not putting down this fact. Just stating it. Look up the difference for yourselves. ;) [/b][/quote]
i dress myself...

Originally posted by dascoot@Sep 12 2005, 03:16 PM
But I wipe my own ass! I WIPE MY OWN ASSSSS!! :cry:
:lol: :lol: I said that once and the person I was talking to didn't get the reference. :rolleyes: :lol:

Originally posted by leone+Sep 12 2005, 06:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leone @ Sep 12 2005, 06:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dascoot@Sep 12 2005, 03:16 PM
But I wipe my own ass! I WIPE MY OWN ASSSSS!! :cry:
:lol: :lol: I said that once and the person I was talking to didn't get the reference. :rolleyes: :lol: [/b][/quote]
haven't seen that person since, have you? :lol:

:lol: Everytime I say ''I'm a good girl I am'' they don't get it either <_<

Originally posted by cultclassic+Sep 12 2005, 07:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cultclassic @ Sep 12 2005, 07:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-leone@Sep 12 2005, 06:52 PM
:lol: :lol: I said that once and the person I was talking to didn't get the reference. :rolleyes: :lol:
haven't seen that person since, have you? :lol: [/b][/quote]
Nah uh :lol:

Originally posted by Enyone@Sep 12 2005, 11:33 AM
:( I cried
me too.. i am a big softy when it comes to the feelings of children.. :(

Originally posted by goldengloves88+Sep 12 2005, 10:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (goldengloves88 @ Sep 12 2005, 10:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Enyone@Sep 12 2005, 11:33 AM
:(  I cried
me too.. i like to feel children.. :naughty: [/b][/quote]
:blink:

Back