houston

I'm off to work. Bye guys :(

BUT on the plus side I might have a new job :)

Originally posted by dascoot@Sep 1 2005, 02:13 PM
Whadda ya mean might, I thought you told her yes?
I did. And she said yes. :)

Lowell's gonna fight me on it, but that's tough. I just have to get trained in, and see if i like it. Which I think I will. Not LOVE it, but it'll be better than the job i have now. Plus I can have the hours be any day and time I want as long as I get the work done by the end of each week and do a good job. And plus I'll get payed more too. w00t!! :)

So long for now!

Originally posted by dascoot@Sep 1 2005, 02:23 PM
Why the hell would he fight you on it? :rolleyes:
Sighhh because he's a dork, but after a brief moment, he thought it would be "a good experience"

:p

Ok. I know it isn't done but screw it. I'm going back on topic.

I'm getting really angry!! Dubya, Fema and the Red Cross are a pack of idiots. <_< I know that they have a tough job but they should be lined up and ready to go before these storms even come ashore. They should be rolling in the next day right behind the National Guard.
I keep hearing different officials blaming the victims for not getting out. Most of these people are on welfare and worse. How were they to leave? I think welfare and disability and stuff like that pays at the beginning of the month which is today. They were probably all down to their last cup 'o soups the day Katrina hit. And as far as looting..........I haven't seen pictures of anyone stealing anything but clothes and foodstuffs. I'm sure that nonessential stuff is getting ganked too but it's probably the exception not the rule. They would have nowhere to take the stuff for crissake!!! No use for it!! It's about survival. <_<
I'm just thoroughly disgusted with some of the pro-govt anti-victim coverage I'm seeing.
As far as I can see the system designed to handle these situations is comprised of far too many thinkers and to few doers. It really helps to be more balanced and be able to do both. If only one is possible then doer is preferable. Thinkers invariably run around in circles until they step on their dicks and fall on their faces when it comes to an emergency. Then a doer picks them up and points them in the right direction.
Thinkers have their place in this world but IMHO, in these cases, that place should be GTF out of the way. :angry:

Originally posted by givemfitz@Sep 1 2005, 07:17 PM
Ok. I know it isn't done but screw it. I'm going back on topic.

I'm getting really angry!! Dubya, Fema and the Red Cross are a pack of idiots. <_< I know that they have a tough job but they should be lined up and ready to go before these storms even come ashore. They should be rolling in the next day right behind the National Guard.
I keep hearing different officials blaming the victims for not getting out. Most of these people are on welfare and worse. How were they to leave? I think welfare and disability and stuff like that pays at the beginning of the month which is today. They were probably all down to their last cup 'o soups the day Katrina hit. And as far as looting..........I haven't seen pictures of anyone stealing anything but clothes and foodstuffs. I'm sure that nonessential stuff is getting ganked too but it's probably the exception not the rule. They would have nowhere to take the stuff for crissake!!! No use for it!! It's about survival. <_<
I'm just thoroughly disgusted with some of the pro-govt anti-victim coverage I'm seeing.
As far as I can see the system designed to handle these situations is comprised of far too many thinkers and to few doers. It really helps to be more balanced and be able to do both. If only one is possible then doer is preferable. Thinkers invariably run around in circles until they step on their dicks and fall on their faces when it comes to an emergency. Then a doer picks them up and points them in the right direction.
Thinkers have their place in this world but IMHO, in these cases, that place should be GTF out of the way. :angry:
my roomie had a good point today...

all the celebs send money to places we have never heard of..but they can't send money to their own country

Actually they're already on the ball. ;)

Click

As far as them giving personal funds I'm sure many are. The very nature of this kind of giving is usually anonymous but who gave what will probably leak out eventually.

yeah but why do they have to be anonymous about this and when they give somewhere else its all over...maybe we just dont find out til later

i just got in a big debate tonite about it all, and it got me going

imagine being down here with a bunch of ignorant hicks and hearing their side

i shouldn't say ignorant but they all think they are better and just really pissed me off, they were saying " those people had time to get out its their fault if they stayed" and stuff like that

its like watch the news or use common sense some people just couldn't

i just feel really bad for them and it makes me mad when people are like that

sorry i am rambling :(

I gotta be honest, I though the same thing at first.. but this is before I realized the areas affected. I just kinda assumed it was like it is here, the neighborhoods that get hit are usually the rich folks part of town, right on the water.

i even explained that some of those people probably didn't even know it was coming except from people telling them, if they can't even afford to get out of town like that, they probably don't have tv or radio, etc.

oh well, can't educate everyone :lol: , just kiddin, i hardly know anything either, just strong minded when it comes to that stuff

His stupidity is, apparently, spreading throughout the country...

Back