houston

Originally posted by givemfitz@Sep 13 2005, 07:40 AM
As I've said. I've recovered the bodies and help to stack and identify them. We did it as a survivor with no resources but our bare hands. These people were friends and family to us.
I don't wish to slight the efforts of any who offer help. My posts aren't directed at them. They are directed at those in charge.
I just want you to understand that when you call me a child and say do this or do that and then we'll talk that you are speaking to someone that has been there and done that. When you keep insulting me and have still failed to point out where it is that I supposedly originally insulted you. You're being an asshole.
I am pleased with that., so you do know then, we are on the same playing field, you have felt the anger, and the stomach

you know what? both of you shut up. this discussion is going nowhere you're just trying to top eachother to see who has had the most/worst losses.
dont think that i dont care i feel for you, but there is simply no need for you to discuss it on this forum you're ruining it for everyone else here.

Hell yes. I'm just still wondering where it is that you felt insulted? I don't go there until I'm way passed justified.

My comments are due to the fact that I'm righteously pissed at Bush and company. Again. You seem to be defending them.

If I have to hear about one more Bush appointee being at the helm of some SNAFU or one of their friends being the instigator of some gigantic ripoff of the public I swear to GOD I'm going to just bite my own effing head off. And the worst part is that Jeb is still waiting in the wings to continue their shameless legacy.

Originally posted by Scythe@Sep 13 2005, 08:56 AM
you know what? both of you shut up. this discussion is going nowhere you're just trying to top eachother to see who has had the most/worst losses.
dont think that i dont care i feel for you, but there is simply no need for you to discuss it on this forum you're ruining it for everyone else here.
Go talk to someone else where you live about something going on there and stay out of this foreigner. ;) :p

Originally posted by Scythe@Sep 13 2005, 11:56 AM
Then don't read it.

Hi Mel, welcome to the War. Ya'll can be pissed at Bush it is ok with me. Just hacks me off when people say we are not doing our job, thats all.

Nothing personal, no topping anyone, just trying to convey the message I understand loss on all sides. :D

Well.....you still keep tap dancing around where it is that I was supposed to have insulted you which is what launched this whole thing and I still haven't heard anything but defense of an organization that took almost a week to do anything subsatantial once they had the local go ahead. Something that has NEVER, EVER happened before.

I just have a problem with those who mouth the party line even in the face of all evidence that that line is about as straight as a lightning bolt and hitching a ride on the back of a snail. I know that those in the trenches can only do what they're are told but they don't have to defend the actions of their organization when said org. has so obviously been mismanaged. Neither do they have to apologize for the same reasons. They're just doing the best job that they can under the circumstances.

I too am proud of the work that I do but I'm sitting at home these days because I won't be a yes man and mouth the company line. I won't do what they want me to and keep my mouth shut. I won't praise them and sign my name to something I know is wrong. And when it all comes down I'll laugh and say I told them so. ;)

Just hacks me off when people say we are not doing our job, thats all.
To be honest I don't think anything thinks that the FEMA workers are the ones slacking off, I'd say the general consensus is that the blame trickles upward. It's pretty much general knowledge that the grunts, in any field of any organization, are the real heroes in this country. Or any country for that matter.

Originally posted by givemfitz@Sep 13 2005, 12:33 PM
Hear hear!!!! I'm pretty sure I never said otherwise. ;)
;) I edited to show I was referring to what Ravyn said.

Originally posted by dascoot+Sep 13 2005, 08:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ Sep 13 2005, 08:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-givemfitz@Sep 13 2005, 12:33 PM
Hear hear!!!! I'm pretty sure I never said otherwise. ;)
;) I edited to show I was referring to what Ravyn said. [/b][/quote]
I love you Mel, you are so awesome :D

I'm not a CNN fan at all but will post this just to make things interesting. Read that opening paragraph.

I'm not saying that the government didn't do anything wrong but I hold New Orleans very responsible. They've known for years that the levys needed repaired and it's their responsibility to make sure it gets taken care of. Also, you don't tell an entire city to flee to the superdome and not have much needed resources like food and water waiting there for them. Nor do you wait until last minute to evacuate. :2cents:

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Sep 13 2005, 08:39 AM
I'm not a CNN fan at all but will post this just to make things interesting. Read that opening paragraph.

I'm not saying that the government didn't do anything wrong but I hold New Orleans very responsible. They've known for years that the levys needed repaired and it's their responsibility to make sure it gets taken care of. Also, you don't tell an entire city to flee to the superdome and not have much needed resources like food and water waiting there for them. Nor do you wait until last minute to evacuate. :2cents:
You are becoming one of my favorite people here. You always have great comments. you rock

Actually it's the responsibility of the Federal Government. Specifically the Army Corps of Engineers I believe but definately the Feds.

Edit-I'm talking only about the levees. The rest of what you mentioned is Mayor Nagins fault.

What story were you refering to? The link doesn't single one out.

Originally posted by ravyn+Sep 13 2005, 11:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ravyn @ Sep 13 2005, 11:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sir_Garland@Sep 13 2005, 08:39 AM

You are becoming one of my favorite people here. You always have great comments. you rock [/b][/quote]
:blush:

Back