houston

Originally posted by givemfitz@Sep 13 2005, 11:41 AM
Actually it's the responsibility of the Federal Government. Specifically the Army Corps of Engineers I believe but definately the Feds.

Edit-I'm talking only about the levees. The rest of what you mentioned is Mayor Nagins fault.

What story were you refering to? The link doesn't single one out.
Right, but the leevys have needed to be repaired for years. Not just since Bush was elected. I know that's not what you said but what I'm saying is that the appointed leaders for New Orleans have to push that those get taken care of or they never will. In this case, they waited too long. Everyone has known that one day they would get hit and it would be devestating just because of the leevies and being below sea level.

Wow, they're quick because they've already changed their home page. But I was refering to this:
"To the extent the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility," Bush says

I wasn't trying to make a point with it or anything just found it interesting and thought I would throw it into the mix to stir it up a bit more. :p

Preach Preacher Preach on.

You said it much better than I did. I totally agree...

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Sep 13 2005, 09:55 AM

Right, but the leevys have needed to be repaired for years. Not just since Bush was elected.
Louisiana has been trying to get them to make improvements for decades. They've even contemplated suing for the money in the area of shortchanged offshore oil revenues to get the money to do the job themselves in addition to heading off coastal errosion but they aren't allowed to fix the lvees themselves. ;)

gotta keep this discussion goin... i never said check mate, but so far i see a stel mate.. :D :D

Sad...

Fighting on a message board. It's unheard of, damn it!

Originally posted by andy@Sep 13 2005, 03:28 PM
Sad...

Fighting on a message board. It's unheard of, damn it!
That's what I am talking about, I miss those remarks, you kill me....

Oh and as Wil would put it

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK Fitz, here's one I positively think you are going to love.

On Labor Day 4-600 Firefighters were sent to Atlanta for Training. While at the hotel they recieved "training" on sexual harrassment, crisis management, and customer service. Hey what a great idea, some idiot in our organization came up, lets offer cross training, hey why not teach them to cross dress too while we are at it. These guys were ready to work, had battle gear and all, ready to dig in, and lets hand out books on people 101.

Yeah that was a big joke, Way to go FEMA. They were being taught to be like missionaries or something or The Baptist Church handing out tracks. :ph34r:

Originally posted by ravyn@Sep 13 2005, 10:06 PM
While at the hotel they recieved "training" on sexual harrassment, crisis management, and customer service.
Don't you think that ^ kinda stuff is vital in such a situation?

no it is totally ridiculous. I dont think the government is the least bit confident, but I do try and support them the best I can, hey if I dont I dont get paid.

I thought Fitz might like that one, killed me.

Can I play, can I play,

What a joke, these guys wanted to save lives, like everyone else, and this idiot wants to teach them how to hand out tracts.

Originally posted by goldengloves88+Sep 13 2005, 11:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (goldengloves88 @ Sep 13 2005, 11:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ravyn@Sep 13 2005, 03:08 PM
Since when do assasins play chess?
i love a good game of chess.. :D :D [/b][/quote]
Hahah good one man. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

does anyone think that if the levees were fit it could still stop this, that's what you have to think about, this thing is bad i don't think anyone could have been ready for it (the hurricane)

I dont think any of the southern states have a good evacuation plan, work in progress, but they learn every time. I dont understand why they are such slow learners.

I wouldn't say that they are slow learners. It's just that how many times does New Orleans get directly hit by a hurricane? I mean, Florida is way more used to it so they usually have good plans for evacuation. Also, there are many in New Orleans that come from lower income areas and don't even have cars to where they can evacuate properly.

We took such a wonderful hit 4 times last year. Still not good in my opinion.

Yeah all roads lead west, NOT.

I am thinking about taking a job in Jax, I am ready to get out of all this fun stuff, simple stupid security job for municipal governement, local authority.

Hey I actually got to meet Will. When I was up there (Jacksonville) for interview, we met for lunch, the Mudville Grille or sumpin like that. He's scary lookin, big arms, ha ha nutin else big if ya know what I mean... Just kiddin...

He is really a nice guy. Quite the lady killer

Back