Diamond is Forever "How Can I Tell You" Cat Power

This commercial was aired at Christmas but I can't ge the song out of my head.
It shows a man and women in bed. He gets out of bed goes downstairs and gets the neclace he bouught his wife. She wakes up and sees the necklace. The song is playing while all this is going on.

Please help me get this song out of my head

Cookie

It's been a while since this topic was covered. Are you talking about the Cat Stevens song "How Can I tell You" covered by Cat Power? If you are, it may be available later in 07.

The one I saw used the instrumental version of Vanessa Carlton's "A Thousand Miles"

So, is there a difference between Cat Power and Cat Stevens? Or are they the same person? I know Cat Stevens has released a box set with the song "how can I tell you". Check it out at amazon. But I don't know about Cat power.

actually..i dont know if this was sad..or if this is the exact version. but when i first heard the song on the commerical, i found the the song was most similiar to liz durrett's cover of it

Are we sure that the song "How Can I Tell You" is by Cat Powers?
Cause I can't find it anywhere.

It is Cat Power who sings it. I went to her website and it said that she has no intention of releasing it. I guess it was just for the commercial. Maybe if she sees all the response it has been getting she will change her mind.

wow! i totally just joined this forum because of this *#@% song! figured out it was cat stevens..but just couldn't find out who sang the version in the commercial.

I myself thought it was Leslie Feist, but started to look again once i found out it wasn't in her latest album.

Sucks that the cat power website says they aren't releasing it! look at this thread for goodness sakes! :blink:

So I know I am a little late on this topic.
I get that its Cat Powers in the comercial.
And that the song is not released... yet (hopefully).
But I love what I have heard of this song,
and I cant get it out of my thoughts.
Does anyone have anyway of getting the song?

Originally posted by clb6536@May 18 2007, 08:24 PM
So I know I am a little late on this topic.
I get that its Cat Powers in the comercial.
And that the song is not released... yet (hopefully).
But I love what I have heard of this song,
and I cant get it out of my thoughts.
Does anyone have anyway of getting the song?
You can always listen to the Cat Stevens original.

;)

I NEED to know what the song that was playing in winter 06 that has lyrics that are like:

how can i tell you
that i'm always thinking of you
i'm always thinking of you
but can't
find the right words
to say

or something like that! NOT THE DUSTY SPRINGFIELD SONG

the one where the man is laying the necklace on the woman while she is sleeping then she wakes up and finds the necklace.

thank you

i am 99 percent sure it is NOT REGINA SPEKTOR

but i REALLY want to know what the song is.

Originally posted by ineedmusic@May 20 2007, 01:40 PM
i am 99 percent sure it is NOT REGINA SPEKTOR

but i REALLY want to know what the song is.
It is "How Can I Tell You" originally done by Cat Stevens covered in this commercial by Cat Power.

:blink: <_<

Back