Diamond is Forever "How Can I Tell You" Cat Power

I'm looking for the same song. It's on the journey Diamond jewlery commercial, The commercial is called "sleeping beauty".
I'm glad I have a title, who's singing it?

I think it's time to use a bigger font. :blink: :lol:

I finally decide to do something romantic for my wife, and the blasted song isn't even a full recording? This is a travesty. It's just wrong. I could already see my wife melting into my arms. Just wrong. Would I be less of a man if I started crying right now?

- lubs

Lubs. Liz Durrett has a version "similar" to the Cat Power snippet. Try that and some Cubic Zirconia. Perhaps a drink or two in the mix. :p

Can you buy that song by Cat Power "How can I tell you" on iTunes? If not, where can you buy it?

She only recorded a 30 second version. That version is floating around, however, there's no extended version produced and her "handlers" state she has no intention of recording a full length version.

Originally posted by jca@Nov 19 2006, 06:21 PM
"How Can I Tell You" by Cat Power
It's a song originally by Cat Stevens, covered by the wonderful Regina Spektor. Her version is no longer available however the original is. Sorry If someone already said this, I didn't go all the way through the thread. Hope this helped!

:huh:

There's a lotta people here, naysayers and anti-Cat Power propagandists, who definitely need to be shot and then sent to the Russian front. :mellow:

Originally posted by OMG~ITS~Pixie@Oct 7 2007, 01:01 AM
covered by the wonderful Regina Spektor.
No, sorry, it's not by Regina Spektor. The commercial is using an unreleased cover version by Cat Power.

I am trying to find the words to a diamond commercial. Unfortunately I don't know what company it is. But it is a lady singing and the song starts out "I want to tell you that I love you" And it ends "But I just can't find the right words to say"? Can anyone help me?

"Not all who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien

OK, for those who don't read/believe the previous posts:
- the song is REALLY a cover by Chan Marshall/cat power. It has (unfortunately) not been recorded as a full version.
- There are many OTHER covers available for this song.
If you download this song from a website (ex. Limewire) and it says that it's by Cat Power, but when you listen to it it sounds very 'oldies' and the voice is entirely different, it's because someone has cleverly renamed the artist (the Chan Marshall version only has the 30 seconds to it that you can hear in the commercial).
- The artist is NOT Regina Spector, although the commercial version may sound a little like her. Regina Spector has never recorded this song.
- The commercial is for De Beers (I know, I work for them).
- And if you are still not a believer, check out the Chan Marshall fan site:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=122170378
You can find the 30 seconds of the song "How can I tell you" there that were recorded for the commercial.

I wanted to say thanks to all for the info they provided about that short 30 sec song. I love that song, well that version of the song. I just wish Cat Power recorded the entire thing and released it. I would love the hear the entire thing and have it on a CD or iTunes or something. Hoping one day!

P.S. I also registered just to know the name of this song. :lol: But I did so after reading the 6 pages of info. Thanks again.

Originally posted by MissLaura317@Oct 13 2007, 10:51 PM
I wanted to say thanks to all for the info they provided about that short 30 sec song. I love that song, well that version of the song. I just wish Cat Power recorded the entire thing and released it. I would love the hear the entire thing and have it on a CD or iTunes or something. Hoping one day!

P.S. I also registered just to know the name of this song. :lol: But I did so after reading the 6 pages of info. Thanks again.
She's already announced she's doing a second covers record, so maybe we'll all get our wish and she'll record the whole song and put it on that album.

Back