Diamond is Forever "How Can I Tell You" Cat Power

llwilson---
I had to register and post this because every time I heard this commercial I thought the singer was an old acquaintance of mine, Deb Talan, back when she was with Hummingfish. Turns out she's in The Weepies, the same group you thought the commercial might be! Not them/her, but what a similar voice.

it is cat powers (aka chan marshall) who sings a snipet of the song by cat stevens. i've googled this a bazillion times and creditable sources say that it is so. unfortunately for the rest of us, the song was recorded for only 30 seconds of music and it's not available for purchase!

and yes, i only joined this forum for this song!

i know everyone says its cat power...but i got my money on spektor

So DeBeers, Cat Power, and her production company are all conspiring in a big lie?

Originally posted by Mejor@Jul 2 2007, 03:10 PM
i know everyone says its cat power...but i got my money on spektor
This has become the "Global Warming" thread of Adtunes.com:

"How Can I Tell You" (Unreleased) by Cat Power

I love how people keep saying they think it's someone else, when like 4 people have already said who it is....way to read people. Way to read.

A couple is sleeping when the man wakes and puts a diamond necklace on his wife's neck then pretends to be asleep as she wakes up to find it on her neck.

The commercial ends with:

WITH EVERY WAKING MOMENT LOVE GROWS

does anyone know the song?

thanks,

aambris

I did a search on the song and the Cat Power version (in my opinion) sounds nothing like the commercial. I think the most similarities between the commercial and the media available on-line lie with Liz Durrett. It's a real sultry, mellow voice.

The 30 second snippet of Cat Power performing the song was recorded directly from the ad.

First, the commerical doesn't sound anything like Regina Spektor; R.S. has a really distinct voice - and it's nothing like Chan's. They're both beautiful, but I promise you, it is Cat Power in the diamond commerical. No matter what anyone else says, it really, really is.

Originally posted by datboyd33@Nov 16 2006, 08:57 PM
i wonder how many users.. beside me.. joined this forum jus cuz of this song? :p
I totally joined this website because of this song also. Cat Power is usually to sissy for my taste, but after hearing her rendition I want to download all her music.

Originally posted by mel_bu+Nov 25 2006, 12:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mel_bu @ Nov 25 2006, 12:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-datboyd33@Nov 16 2006, 08:57 PM
i wonder how many users.. beside me.. joined this forum jus cuz of this song? :p
I did! This is a great site btw. [/b][/quote]
me too :D

ok, I just looked at the comments below the youtube video and they say it is "How I can tell you" by catpower or Regina Spektor. I guess all i need now is a confirmation =p

thanks

Back