Ask Ravi

Yesterday, I noticed that every step I took made the joints in my left foot crack. The only reason I noticed was cuz it was so loud. Today, I woke up and that area is sore. I can’t put a lot of weight on it when I’m walking or it hurts.
I had a similar injury in January where I pulled the muscle in the bottom of the foot (the arch part) and couldn’t walk for a couple of days. I could walk normally after about a week.
Is it possible that the first injury never really went away and that I originally screwed up my foot worse than I thought? Like instead of pulling the muscle, I tore something.

Wow this isn't a question for him but.. girl, first we have similar dreams, now we have similar injuries. In the same foot. WEIRD. :blink:

But Ravi is all-knowing :(

Maybe we're long lost twins :lol:

That could be a number of things. If you've hurt your foot before you could have gotten a stress fracture. Those suckers can go undetected in xrays and not cause a whole lot of pain but then like months down the road hurt like hell.

:lol: Don't you want to be a nurse or is that someone else?

Yeah but most times nurses know more than the doctors do. :ph34r:

Not officially but you do have the knowledge. :)

edit: Melissa beat me to it :lol:

for the record, i like pina coladas. and getting caught in the rain. but not both at the same time.

Originally posted by cultclassic@May 2 2005, 08:05 PM
well leone, it could be a dislocation too... how is your foot now?
It's fine now but every once in a while it feels like something will snap :unsure:

Okay, Ravi? For the past week or so every time I boot up my computer I get this found new hardware wizard and it tries to install this Background Intelligent Transfer Service. Here's what I know about this, it transfers files in the background using idle network bandwidth and it's provided by Microsoft. My question is this: I know that you can make one of the settings manual so that you can just launch it whenever you need it but I don't understand why it's coming up that I need to install it as new hardware. I've gone through the wizard and it of course comes back saying that it can't find the driver and asks if I want to search the internet. Also, how would I just set it to manual so I can launch whenever I need it?

rhonda,
did you install any new hardware recently?
i think the computer is seeing a new hardware, and is trying to locate the driver by 'windows update' which needs background intelligent (?) transfer service.
go to the device manager and see if there are any devices with yellow exclamation manager beside it.

I'm gonna ask since you're online now. ;) My computer clock is often several minutes behind. I have to adjust the time practically everyday. The other day it was 14 minutes behind. :annoyed: So is there anything I can do, other then acquaint my computer with Mr. Baseball Bat?

Back