Ask Ravi

Thank you my darling.

*throws my shiny button into Ravi's hat*

Originally posted by MeganJane@Apr 11 2005, 06:01 PM
Oops, just saw this now! It's the link to Yahoo, when I try to change my avatar in Messenger. Yahoo says they only use IE, so it won't work. I also can't get my google gmail account to work through Firefox. Well, it works, but I can't use the gmail Notifier service they offer (which is a little envelope that sits where the date/ time is, and acts as a quick link to your email. It tells you when there's new mail, and allows you to click on the envelope, and not have to enter your email name and password.) In Firefox, I have to log in each time I want to check my mail; clicking the envelope only takes me to the log in page.

I have trouble daily with logging on to websites through Firefox. It almost always says "can't find xxxxx". Usually on the second or third try it works, but I don't get why it does that. Any ideas?
Just reminding you Ravi, in case you forgot. I don't know if you wanted to send this to Firefox too, like you mentioned in the other one. :)

Um, Ravi? *raises hand* I got a question for ya.

Okay, we have an HP computer that came with ME and had 64 mb of sd ram. We upgraded to 128 just fine. Installed xp over ME. It's a fat32 system. We bought a 133 mhz 256 meg rosewill. No matter what slot we put the 256 in, if it's just by itself then it doesn't work at all. Just goes to HP screen and sits there. If we put 128 in first slot and 256 in second then it says that it passed. But we get this error message:

there was a problem detected while windows was shutting down (sorry, not exact wording.)
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
If problem continues, disable or remove new installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options and select safe mode.

We've tried installing using a few different combinations and basically we can't ever get windows to load. It will go to the disk scan like it does when you don't properly shut down but it only stays there for a few seconds before it will just reboot itself. It just keeps looping like this over and over.

Any ideas?

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL!! *shudders*

could be several reasons:

1. motherboard not compatible
2. BIOS not compatible
3. CPU is over heating
4. bad memory

1. i'm assuming you checked the specs already.
2. find out the manufacturer of the motherboard or (go to HP site) and check if a new version of BIOS is available. (BIOS is a tiny hardcoded mini-OS in the motherboard, which boots the computer and loads windows, etc) they release new versions every 3-4 months, so it's pretty sure there is a new version available. Do this anyway.
3: While the case is open, Boot the computer a couple of times. Touch an exposed area of the case first (to discharge any static from your body) and then touch the CPU. If it's too hot, you may have to get a new heat sink. I had this problem once. The heat sink came loose, just a little bit, and caused the overheating. After days of :banghead:, i tightened one screw and the problem went away.
4. Download Memtest86 which is an excellent freeware memory diagnostic problem. It is possible that the memory is bad.

hm... I have a random music question. Lets say someone recorded vocals at a studio on a "great" mic. And theres a wav file of it. But the levels aren't equally loud in volume, some parts are louder and others are softer. Is there any way using only computer programs like "Cool Edit Pro" to make the vocals be the same volume level? Is there a special termonology for this? :( :huh:

professor ravi; just a random question: everytime i edit my volume (on my pc in my room, not this one) i heard a beep from my pc...not my speakers, my pc :huh:
i'm stomped; i've never heard of anything like that

I know only Ravi can answer this.

How come you never say HI anymore when I'm around. *sniff sniff* :cry: I see you when you're logged on :( I know you're there. :angry:

;) :p

With back turned, arms folded and nose in the air.......You talkin' ta me?

Ooooooooooooh ouch. :p

Hey wait. Didn't he get a party? Where's my party? :D

Ravi!!! Hi! :wub:
Thanks for the computer info. I'm still working on all that but we did do the BIOS update last night and I now have a stop error to go with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error. The stop error is 0x0000000A Begining dump of physical memory.

I'm going to google this and see what else I get. But feel free to let me know if you have any more ideas or suggestions. :D

Originally posted by givemfitz@Apr 22 2005, 01:25 PM
party people!!! :woo:
home for a long weekend, fitz?

Originally posted by cultclassic+Apr 22 2005, 11:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cultclassic @ Apr 22 2005, 11:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-givemfitz@Apr 22 2005, 01:25 PM
party people!!! :woo:
home for a long weekend, fitz? [/b][/quote]
Actually I'm home for good!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I'm moving to Bakersfield so I'm going to look for a place this weekend. Then I have to actually MOVE. <_< But I should be back around like the old days once I get all moved in and hooked up. A week. Maybe two.

Originally posted by givemfitz@Apr 22 2005, 02:53 PM
But I should be back around like the old days once I get all moved in and hooked up. A week. Maybe two.
I DON'T BELIEVE YOU! *hardcore pout* :angry:

Back