massive math assignment

Originally posted by ActuarialMadness+May 18 2006, 05:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ActuarialMadness @ May 18 2006, 05:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dascoot@May 18 2006, 02:15 PM
If you don't mind wearing Big Lots underwear, you can make a very comfortable living by playing with polymer clay and changing adult diapers on the weekend. I'm just sayin.
Changing adult diapers? Well that's a tough job and one my best friend does full time. He lives pay check to pay check, making about $30,000-35,000/year. Problem is he has a mortgage which is pretty tought to float on that salary. Yes, if you want a boring life you can be "comfortable" but you miss out on traveling the world, trying new, exciting activities, taking classes and expanding your mind, eating at the world's best restaurants and trying cuisine you'd never imagine, seeing broadway plays and being enveloped in other aspects of the great American citiies. Going to Vegas and blowing (or winning) several $100.

So much of American life revolves around the $. Yes it's true you can live "comfortably" without it, but in my opinion, you're not really seeing what this world has to offer and you're missing out on the better parts of life. [/b][/quote]

Yes it is nice to eat at fancy restaurants. Perhaps one day you can whet your appetite with moldy rice and the breathtaking views of childrens corpses rotting in the exotic african sun. Would you brag about your blowing, or making several $100 to their parents? Not everybody receives the same things you do. It'd be nice to show some respect.

Oh yeah about that stuff you needed help with... We're doing the same stuff. Algerbra II? Ok well anyways...

Distance formula: d=(square root of sign over this) (x2-x1)cubed+(y1-y2)cubed.
The second number of each one, you change the sign...
(x1,y1)(x2,y2)
Ex: Your problem #1 (-6,7)(3,2)
d=(whole thing under square root sign)(3+6)cubed+(7-2)cubed... you work it out and I got the square root of 106, but I don't know if your teacher wants you to simplify square roots or not... so yeah.

Midpoint formula: (x1+x2/2, y1+y2/2) plug in the numbers... just as they are. No changing signs.

Ok so we didn't talk about parabolas much... Tommorows our last day of school so I guess we won't be ^_^, but we didn't get into that other stuff that's on your first page... Maybe you aren't in Algebra II... Trig? I dunno...

Actually, I just looked at the other pages you have to do and good frickin luck with that shit. O_O I have to get at least a D on my test tommorow to pass the frickin class. -.- I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATEEEEEEEEEE IT. @_@ Oh well. One more day. ^_^

Ohhhhhh look at my kool poem/picture thingy! =D

http://www.imagehosting.us/index.php?actio...w&ident=1369830

Originally posted by a_iver+May 18 2006, 05:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (a_iver @ May 18 2006, 05:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ActuarialMadness@May 18 2006, 05:19 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dascoot
@May 18 2006, 02:15 PM
If you don't mind wearing Big Lots underwear, you can make a very comfortable living by playing with polymer clay and changing adult diapers on the weekend. I'm just sayin.

Changing adult diapers? Well that's a tough job and one my best friend does full time. He lives pay check to pay check, making about $30,000-35,000/year. Problem is he has a mortgage which is pretty tought to float on that salary. Yes, if you want a boring life you can be "comfortable" but you miss out on traveling the world, trying new, exciting activities, taking classes and expanding your mind, eating at the world's best restaurants and trying cuisine you'd never imagine, seeing broadway plays and being enveloped in other aspects of the great American citiies. Going to Vegas and blowing (or winning) several $100.

So much of American life revolves around the $. Yes it's true you can live "comfortably" without it, but in my opinion, you're not really seeing what this world has to offer and you're missing out on the better parts of life.

Yes it is nice to eat at fancy restaurants. Perhaps one day you can whet your appetite with moldy rice and the breathtaking views of childrens corpses rotting in the exotic african sun. Would you brag about your blowing, or making several $100 to their parents? Not everybody receives the same things you do. It'd be nice to show some respect. [/b][/quote]
:( Nice point though..

not trying to be mean, but I kind of don't like this guy...

Speaking of not trying to be mean... I think I deserve at least a thank you for just trying to help you ya know... Instead of being completely ignored. I'm human too.

Originally posted by Dorkette@May 18 2006, 06:30 PM
Speaking of not trying to be mean... I think I deserve at least a thank you for just trying to help you ya know... Instead of being completely ignored. I'm human too.
Oh I so sorry! :( lol, I wasn't ignoring you I promise, I didn't even see it somehow.

Thank you for helping :)

Haha it's ok. ^_^ You're welcome... I hope you got something out of it anyways... O_O

Originally posted by a_iver@May 18 2006, 05:13 PM
Yes it is nice to eat at fancy restaurants. Perhaps one day you can whet your appetite with moldy rice and the breathtaking views of childrens corpses rotting in the exotic african sun. Would you brag about your blowing, or making several $100 to their parents? Not everybody receives the same things you do. It'd be nice to show some respect.
It's called capitalism, buddy. And you should be thankful our country adopts it. You see if you're fairly intelligent and motivated, most anyone can be successful here. I never said I wasn't damn thankful to live in the USA but not much was directly handed to me. I've worked and studied my ass off for almost everything I own. Nice straw man you set up since I never mentioned anything about putting myself above poor people living in destitute in 3rd world countries.

Speaking of such..have you even been to one? Something tells me no and given I just came back from 2 weeks in Southeast Asia, I'm fairly confident I have more experience seeing "rotting corpses and moldy rice" than you. (you don't see too many corpses actually - I didnt see one - just hordes of kids starving, filthy, and begging for money). So yes, traveling to conditions of extreme poverty does humble you and make you thankful for being born in America. I'm not talking to Africans or Indians though. I'm talking to fellow Americans/citizens of developed nations here.

Originally posted by dascoot@May 18 2006, 02:37 PM

:lol: WTF?

OK well have fun gettin ripped, and remember that 4 out of 5 humans agree, IT'S OK TO NOT ALL WANT THE SAME THING IN LIFE! It doesn't make us less than you, it makes us different from you.

Come back soon and get to know everyone. You'll find we're not all the bug-eyed plebians you've made us out to be.
Oh no, Dascoot. You've completely misconstrued my intent. My point is that one should not settle so easily in life. I don't mean to sound obsessed with money or success. To me, someone like that is living a terrible life. I just think everyone should experience as much of this world as possible. Stagnation is not healthy and money makes it a lot easier to keep on the move, although one can always find a way regardless of how much money they have. It's just a different path, but can be just as interesting. You might not be able to do all those things I listed, but you can do many of them. It just takes more effort and motivation which might lead to a catch-22 as usually those more motivated have more money - not always though.

O_O I'm staying out of it... SO how's everyone doing this fine night/evening/morning/whatever? ^.^ I'm doing alright. Lovely weather we're having huh? =D

Originally posted by ActuarialMadness+May 18 2006, 10:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ActuarialMadness @ May 18 2006, 10:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-a_iver@May 18 2006, 05:13 PM
It's called capitalism, buddy. And you should be thankful our country adopts it. You see if you're fairly intelligent and motivated, most anyone can be successful here. I never said I wasn't damn thankful to live in the USA but not much was directly handed to me. I've worked and studied my ass off for almost everything I own. Nice straw man you set up since I never mentioned anything about putting myself above poor people living in destitute in 3rd world countries.

Speaking of such..have you even been to one? Something tells me no and given I just came back from 2 weeks in Southeast Asia, I'm fairly confident I have more experience seeing "rotting corpses and moldy rice" than you. (you don't see too many corpses actually - I didnt see one - just hordes of kids starving, filthy, and begging for money). So yes, traveling to conditions of extreme poverty does humble you and make you thankful for being born in America. I'm not talking to Africans or Indians though. I'm talking to fellow Americans/citizens of developed nations here. [/b][/quote]
Well since you ask, yes I have. I've been to Guatemala, Belize, Jamaica, and Mexico. And you were indeed lucky to been born in the US, and have the ability to make your money, and live with as much luxury as you mentioned. But my point is that not all people have that opportunity, including those in the US. Our government has problems, and people also have problems of their own. It is true that I can't do is stop you from boasting about what you have and what you've done, and calling people's lives, which you know nothing about, boring. It's pretty clear to me that the hardships you've seen in Southeast Asia haven't gotten through very much, nor my little "straw man" or probably anything else, but what I can do is go about my rather carefree happy life, quite satisfied that I didn't end up like you. ;)

Originally posted by ActuarialMadness@May 19 2006, 12:02 AM
I just think everyone should experience as much of this world as possible. Stagnation is not healthy and money makes it a lot easier to keep on the move, although one can always find a way regardless of how much money they have.
Fair enough.

Check your messages.

Originally posted by ActuarialMadness+May 18 2006, 07:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ActuarialMadness @ May 18 2006, 07:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-drizzt_fan14@May 18 2006, 06:19 PM

Awww..I'm sorry Drizzt Du Urden. I was a fan of you once. [/b][/quote]
Wait, you know who Drizzt is? :eek: Well that's one good thing anyway :lol:

Originally posted by a_iver@May 18 2006, 09:31 PM
Well since you ask, yes I have. I've been to Guatemala, Belize, Jamaica, and Mexico. And you were indeed lucky to been born in the US, and have the ability to make your money, and live with as much luxury as you mentioned. But my point is that not all people have that opportunity, including those in the US. Our government has problems, and people also have problems of their own. It is true that I can't do is stop you from boasting about what you have and what you've done, and calling people's lives, which you know nothing about, boring. It's pretty clear to me that the hardships you've seen in Southeast Asia haven't gotten through very much, nor my little "straw man" or probably anything else, but what I can do is go about my rather carefree happy life, quite satisfied that I didn't end up like you. ;)
I'm not calling anyone here boring. I know nothing about you people here, just as you know nothing about me, so your comment about not ending up like me is rather hypocritical. You make a lot of assumptions based on a few posts here. So tell me how would seeing poor souls living in their own filth "get through to me?" Should I renounce everything I owe and live below the poverty line to feel what they feel? I told you I'm damn thankful for what I have here and work hard, taking nothing for granted.

Originally posted by drizzt_fan14+May 19 2006, 04:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (drizzt_fan14 @ May 19 2006, 04:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ActuarialMadness@May 18 2006, 07:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-drizzt_fan14
@May 18 2006, 06:19 PM

Awww..I'm sorry Drizzt Du Urden. I was a fan of you once.
Wait, you know who Drizzt is? :eek: Well that's one good thing anyway :lol: [/b][/quote]
I was much more intrigued by Planescape and Elminster but yes in my earlier years, I spent many days in Drow City.

Originally posted by ActuarialMadness+May 19 2006, 04:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ActuarialMadness @ May 19 2006, 04:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by drizzt_fan14@May 19 2006, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by ActuarialMadness@May 18 2006, 07:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-drizzt_fan14
@May 18 2006, 06:19 PM

Awww..I'm sorry Drizzt Du Urden. I was a fan of you once.

Wait, you know who Drizzt is? :eek: Well that's one good thing anyway :lol:
I was much more intrigued by Planescape and Elminster but yes in my earlier years, I spent many days in Drow City. [/b][/quote]
and you said you weren't a nerd :lol:

Oh, I can be very nerdy at times when I want to. I just played a board game called "Talisman" Very fun and quick, unlike most D&D campaigns. I also used to play FFXI a few years ago, but learned MMORPGs are soul sucking drugs just as bad as heroin.

Back