Cheap Webhosting

Space Cataz

Pro Member
Reaction score
Hey, does anybody here know where I can find cheap webhosting? The thing is I don't need a lot of space because I am just uploading html pages with objects hotlinked from free webhosting sites (each page is like 1 kb). Now that may seem like I have my answer already, but what I mean is that I need webhosting so my site won't have to be redirected to my aol page, so when people go on it, it will say www.mysite.com in the navigation bar. Does anybody have a solution for me? Or is there something I can do without buying webhosting that will solve this problem?

I've been in that very same position some years ago.

Let me tell you now, any free host may seem impressive but will either die after a couple of months, have heavy downtime, or put ads on your site.

My suggestion: buy webspace. You can get very decent webspace for like, what, a dollar a month? Domain names are probably more annoying. When I look around they are more expensive, but once in a while internet providers will throw them around.

However, if you just want to REDIRECT to your aol page, you needn't worry about anything, you can ignore ads and stuff and use an immediate redirect with a javascript. Might not stop popups though.

In the end, webspace is definitely worth spending money on, you never know when you might need it for simple things like sharing files, etc...

I eventually got lucky, I volunteered to maintain the website of my orchestra, free of charge, and I can do whatever I want - I got my own submap. It may not have a fancy url but I don't give a rat's ass

Well, I already have my domain, and the host I use is filelodge, which seems to be good, but can you direct me to good cheap webhosting for like a dollar a month.
Edit: It currently does redirect, the thing is, I don't want to redirect.

I don't know if this is what you're looking for but '1and1.com' has a plan for $3 a month. I've been using the $4 plan for about three months now and don't have any complaints. I hear a lot of other people use it too.

Oooh, 1and1 seems more than what I need, and at a good price, I think that's what I'll use.

Back