Deleting files

Well if youre using Windows,try
>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Clean Up
Its not the best thing to use but it will eliminate a temp files and a bunch of other crap just sitting on your comp taking up space.

Also look up CCleaner. (Crap Cleaner) Its shareware. It will analyse the drive and find all kind of things you dont need and can get rid of. If your not sure what you can delete leave it on its default settings. This program will also do deletion/encryption by passing over the information 3 times or more if you wish it to,or it can just simply "delete" it.

Hope it helps!

P

I'd advise against actually buying an external hard drive, instead just make your own, its alot cheaper. Buy n internal drive and then get a external case for it, you save alot of money and they work just as good. If you were to do this I'd recommend the Seagate Barracuda line of hard drives, they are really shock resistant.

yeah that's what i did. I have two interal seagates in cases. Cases retail for about $45 here (probaby a little less now) and it's better than paying exorbitant fees for the Lacie or Maxtor or other branded external HDs.

the other day i was looking through a catalog and I saw AcomData external hard drive 250G for about $105 and inside it either had a western digital inside or a maxtor, i can't remember

$45 for a case? Thats too much, you can find them for under $20.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Australia, where they've just discovered fire...and soon after...hard drives.

Do it. Australia rocks. Great weather (no f**king snow, unless you go to the mountains), awesome beaches, low crime. Sure, it's probably a little more expensive to buy a house here, and we don't even have Sbarro but still. Damn, i could really go for some pizza pie now.

Yeah you'd just have to deal with sub-par internet connections, (we don't even have domestic T1 or T3), waiting for longer for movies and tv shows to come out, and bands to come on tour and all that jazz. But on the plus side, you're a 100 times less likely to be shot at.

What's the real estate price range down there?

Originally posted by SiDe@Oct 5 2006, 04:46 AM
But on the plus side, you're a 100 times less likely to be shot at.
:lol: Well I live in a retirement town so I have pretty much 0 chance of getting shot. But the old folks might get shot if they pull out in front of me when I'm tryin to make a light and stop while it's still yellow. TWICE yesterday I swear to god!! :annoyed:

Back