Ipod Help

Space Cataz

Pro Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good Defragging Program for Windows. I really need to Defrag my ipod and the program that came with XP isn't so good.

Just hack it and make it into a flash drive that plays mp3's. Then you can drag and drop files without their name getting changed and put into a random file, because thats what iPods do. Plus you dont need to fuck around with iTunes either.

Originally posted by Jenny@Apr 12 2006, 11:36 AM
I hate itunes. Ugh...

Just sayin ;)
You rock, I like organizing my music, iTunes does it like shit.

Originally posted by Bloodlessr+Apr 12 2006, 12:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bloodlessr @ Apr 12 2006, 12:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jenny@Apr 12 2006, 11:36 AM
I hate itunes. Ugh...

Just sayin ;)
You rock, I like organizing my music, iTunes does it like shit. [/b][/quote]
Oh man, the first time it messed up my files, I was LIVID! It reorganized and put one song per folder. So I had 10 folders, one artist, one song in each. I flipped out. I uninstalled itunes immediately. POS. :D

It works well if all your music has correct the ID3 tags but none of mine do. Plus if you can't organize your own files you shouldn't be using a computer. File managment people!!!

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Apr 12 2006, 11:32 PM
It works well if all your music has correct the ID3 tags but none of mine do. Plus if you can't organize your own files you shouldn't be using a computer. File managment people!!!
lol i have strict rules about music files n stuff: my my mysic folder contains maps with the name of the album and every file is names "artist(or composer) - title"!!! i freak out when its messed up...hmm maybe im autistic

Originally posted by Scythe+Apr 12 2006, 02:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Scythe @ Apr 12 2006, 02:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bloodlessr@Apr 12 2006, 11:32 PM
lol i have strict rules about music files n stuff: my my mysic folder contains maps with the name of the album and every file is names "artist(or composer) - title"!!! i freak out when its messed up...hmm maybe im autistic [/b][/quote]
If you are then so am I.....I'm very particular about my files. :nerd:

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Apr 12 2006, 05:32 PM
I agree. All my mp3s are organized so that my FreeVo, iPod etc can feed of the same central repository. iTunes screwed all that up. :banghead:

Garret, if you don't have ID3 tags, but have all the files organized by file name artist name, use "MP3 Tag Tools" to write that into the ID3 tag. It is an awesome program, it can handle thousands of files in one shot. So now my iPod shows correct artist names and stuff. :)

I downloaded a trial version of Diskeeper, and for some reason when it analyzes my iPod the progress stays at 10%. Any help?

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Apr 12 2006, 02:21 PM
Just hack it and make it into a flash drive that plays mp3's. Then you can drag and drop files without their name getting changed and put into a random file, because thats what iPods do. Plus you dont need to fuck around with iTunes either.
Can one do that with the Shuffle?

Isn't that shit!? I think a new picture will do me well...

You should just submit a second one and you can see which one does better. :)

Originally posted by andy+Apr 13 2006, 12:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (andy @ Apr 13 2006, 12:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bloodlessr@Apr 12 2006, 02:21 PM
Can one do that with the Shuffle? [/b][/quote]
Yes, search for a program called iShuffle I think. My friend did it to his shuffle.

Originally posted by Space Cataz@Apr 12 2006, 02:00 PM
Does anyone know a good Defragging Program for Windows. I really need to Defrag my ipod and the program that came with XP isn't so good.
Why are you defragging an iPod with a third-party program anyway? Apple provides software to format and rebuild iPod. Why not use that?

Reformat and rebuild... I don't think were on the same page. I don't want to update or restore my ipod to factory settings. I just want to defrag my iPod. Now if there is a software that apple provides to fix my problem (which was that my iPod was skipping over certain songs) send it my way.

Originally posted by Space Cataz@Apr 14 2006, 12:51 AM
I don't think were on the same page. I don't want to update or restore my ipod to factory settings.
Obviously we are not on the same page... Hence the question. Why DON'T you want to update or restore your ipod? Some settings you may lose, perhaps? I can't think of any, cause, iPod picks up the settings from iTunes. And defragging a 30G drive takes half a day atleast, while it can be rebuilt in 45 minutes... Am I missing some thing? :unsure: I'm just curious. :)

My iPod is updated, and I don't want to restore my iPod because I'll have to load a lot of music to my iPod. And because I imported a lot of my songs with m3u playlists, I have to do some shit to make iTunes understand that the songs are on my computer. Also, if I just defrag my ipod, this whole problem will be fixed.

Back