Grey's Anatomy Season 2

you could see it in his eyes,
as the people walked by,
he knows they don't understand.
he's gonna take the money, and go spend it on (...?)
why why why, can't you see i'm dying tonight (...?)
well i'm 32, got this one pair of shoes, and a bad taste in my mouth(...?)
i think its clear to say that even though (...?)

then gabriel he smiled and said be at peace my child,
salvation is here today,
and then he got to his feet and he sang hallelujah...
he looked them in the eye and he sang hallelujah...
someone here that you just got to meet...
people were turning around in the street...
hallelujah
people in the street were tunring around...hallelujah
i'm the voice of one cryin in the wilderness...

Yep, the above lyrics are from "Gabriel and the Vagabond" by Foy Vance.

Where can I get that song (Gabriel and the Vagabond)? It is not on iTunes, Amazon, or anywhere else I've looked. Any suggestions??

I'm afraid I can't figure out how to edit my post (I thought we used to be able to) so it seems I'm going to have to double post. Anyway:

For those that want to get "Gabriel and the Vagabond," I've found out that it's going to be on iTunes (US) sometime soon. I went to the Grey's Anatomy boards at ABC and apparently this is an email Foy sent to the many people from there that actually emailed him asking about the song:

Hello there Grey’s A fans

Thank you so much for you enquiry about ‘Gabriel and the Vagabond’, it’s very encouraging for me...
This is the second of my songs that Grey’s Anatomy have picked up on; they’re being very supportive, I must say.
The good new is, we plan to release Gabriel and the Vagabond as soon as possible...the bad news is, sweets give you tummy ache...sucks doesn’t it...but it won’t stop us releasing the song, so that’s good...
It’s looking like we’ll release it as a download only, on iTunes USA...I’ve added you all to the mailing list so that you’ll be kept up to date with when this happens and all other things Foy!
This is the second occasion (as I’ve mentioned) where I’ve come across people willing to do a bit of digging around for music that they want...this is very encouraging in that I, along with my management, have set up an Indie label called ‘Wurdamouth Records Ltd’...the reason I wanted to call it wurdamouth is because that’s how I wanted to approach my musical path...spelt in this funny way because being from Belfast, that’s how I say it...so we rely on people getting on board at grass roots, which is why it’s so great to see things moving because of people power as apposed to industry....the future of music is in your hands!
Don’t stop here, keep on digging for the stuff you dig...until the next time
Much Love
foy

So, sometime in the future this will be available on iTunes. I just hope it happens very soon.

Does anyone know the song that was playing while George was talking to Meredith's father tonight? It was a simple song...a woman and a guitar. I didn't catch any of the words, so I'm afraid I can't give any more details.

Can anyone help me, despite my pathetic clues?

And before anyone even asks about the last song in the episode (which was also very nice), the song was "The Fear You Won't Fall" by Joshua Radin.

Just found it on iTunes. You're absolutely right.

Thanks so much! That was a quick response.

I'll answer my own question! The song was Kaboom! by Ursula 1000!

:D

Can anyone tell me which song was playing on the recap episode tonight where they were showing the love scene between Meredith and George.
Maybe a list of the songs in the episode?
thank you

Breaking Down: breath
I Woke Up With This Song In My Head This Morning: Bright Eyes

Missed the show last night but on a site those 2 were listed. Hope this helps.

Junebuggie

So... the song was played during the preview for next week's episode. I also saw it on today's "What about Brian" episode. It's a woman singing... it sounds like she's saying "night train" but I could be wrong.

its a sort indie/acousticy song, clear words...but now i forget them. anyone know what was playing?

While it's true that the official ABC Grey's Anatomy website does a good job updating the music section (Look Here), it would be nice if someone had a link where we know when that music piece is specifically played...because honestly, I have trouble distinguishing some artists. I don't think ABC puts the music in the order it was played either. But still, great updates.

If anyone knows, what was tonight’s music play list, especially when they are operating on the pregnant woman.

Thanks

Homebird: Foy Vance
Nowhere Warm: kate havnevik
On The Radio: Regina Spektor
Tragedy: Brandi Carlile
unlike me: kate havnevik
Where They Wander: The HorrorPops

Junebuggie

What was the song at the end of tonight's episode that started when Grey and McDreamy were in the elevator and ended when Izzy cut the cord?

Back