Grey's Anatomy Season 3

I'm trying to find the name of the song and or the artist to the next to last song from the Greys Anatomy recap. It was on just before the video "The Story" by Brandi Carlile.

Originally posted by swimmerdude@Apr 13 2007, 11:54 PM
I'm trying to find the name of the song and or the artist to the next to last song from the Greys Anatomy recap. It was on just before the video "The Story" by Brandi Carlile.
"Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol (Amazon) (iTunes)

Originally posted by catsmeow@Apr 13 2007, 11:22 PM
On the recap episode on april 12, there was a scene with Dr. Yang winning a hotdog eating contest. They played a song that went something like this - I want a car shaped just like a hotdog. It's a cool fast tune.
"Wienermobile Girl" by Mike Tarantino

Anyone know what song was playing while they were showing scenes for next week's episode? It was very Beck-like. Lots of beats. Little, if any, singing.

I read somewhere that it is "Rehab (Hot Chip Remix)" by Amy Winehouse. I'm not sure though.

Does anyone know the name of the last song played tonight on Grey's. I think it said something like "what am I doing?" or "how am I doing?"

Thanks for any and all help!

"How Am I Doing" by Anna Waronker

And the first four in order:
"The Secrets Of Amanda Prines" by The Reddmen
"Better Off" by Let's Go Sailing
"Again & Again" by The Bird & The Bee
"Nausea" by Beck

Well I've just spent an hour trying to track these down myself and I'm admitting to failure. Let's see how you guys do.

Opening scene, mostly just instrumental with some sort of almost chanting? as it's fading out. Very rythmic (ugh - can't spell that word), maybe world beat and the semi chanting voice(s) is/are female.

Next one I really liked was while Addison and Naomi were in the kitchen and it continued as Violet grocery shopped. Female vocal, lyrics "now I don't know what I'll find, just want to get in the car and drive". Sounded Dido-ish and the chorus was "California sun" repeated repeatedly!

Next, as Pete kisses Addison in the stairwell, "you always find a way to hurt my pride ... if I'm not crying you're not satisfied ... if you're trying to break my heart you don't have far to go". Apparently the song's an old Merle Haggard called "You Don't Have Far to Go" and I found a version of it by Lucinda Williams, but hers is very country. The version used in this scene is more bluesy sounding.

Next (actually, these are probably out of order - I made notes all over a piece of scrap paper as I was watching my tape) was a scene with Addison and Naomi and then Addison(?) alone in the elevator, again a female vocal, lyrics "I didn't mean to waste your time so I'll fall back in line, but I'm warning you we're (?throwing) love".

Finally, Izzy and George kissing in the elevator, female vocal, "it's the new way to cure hurt and heartache, don't you worry you're going to a different side".

Wow, that's long!! Any help would, as always, be much appreciated.

If anyone knows where to get a list of songs that were on Grey's tonight let me know! There were a few scattered through the 2-hour episode that I loved and they are not listed on the website! Thanks!

The song at the start of the episode is Sealion (or Sea Lion Woman, according to iTunes) by Feist, from the album The Reminder.

dely, thanks for your notes, they helped me narrow down some of the songs.

When Violet is in the grocery store, the song playing is "California Sun" by Jem.

The song playing when Addison is in the elevator ("I didn't mean to waste your time...") is called "Turpentine" by Brandi Carlile.

I found a version of "You Don't Have Far to Go" by Candi Stanton, which is alot more bluesy, but I'm not sure if it is the same version from last night.

That's all I've got so far but I'll post if I find more :)

Wow guys!, thanks so much.

I'd wondered about Feist because I thought that was one of the CD covers shown at the end of the episode, but I didn't see anything in the CD song list that looked possible. I'll be getting that one pronto - it was already on my list.

I think the Candi Stanton version is the right one ("You don't have very far to go"). I'll have to confirm later tonight by watching the tape again.

I've looked for the Jem song and am not finding which CD it's on. Can anyone point me toward it?

Thanks again - that's almost all of them already!

Originally posted by dely@May 3 2007, 10:30 PM
Finally, Izzy and George kissing in the elevator, female vocal, "it's the new way to cure hurt and heartache, don't you worry you're going to a different side".
All the songs are listed now on ABC's website. This one is called "Mojo Love" by Lay Low, and doesn't seem to be available on Amazon or iTunes.

Jem's California Sun appears to be on Just A Ride Pt. I.

Back