2006 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Originally posted by arthurmauk@Dec 26 2006, 02:23 AM
:( Eeesh, unlucky man. I dunno what I'd do it I lost all my music. But I can't wait for the Jamelia/Depeche Mode remix. Thanks a lot and good luck with it! :D
Thanks a lot! I'll send you the mix first when I finish.

Originally posted by stealth114@Dec 26 2006, 03:01 PM
Wow, I only did a search for the music and found this great forum. Didnt know it existed. Great work everyone to post the names of all these tracks. :D Thanks alot. Happy Holidays to all. :D

Its just a shame the organisers of the VS show dont bring out a track compilation of the sound tracks of the show or even a DVD of the entire show. :( maybe there is some motive to not bringing it out considering the DJ mixes for this show is simply the type of music that you simply cant get oout off your head. lol Not to mention the VS Angels. :p
Actually, there IS a DVD of the fashion shows. It's distributed to company holders. I got the DVD of last year. It's basically an unedited version that shows only the show, not what's going on backstage. Did you know there's only about a 5-second pause between each fashion segment?

Thanks for reminding me. I need to pickup a copy of the DVD of the 2006 show.

It's $40 from Fashion Stock.

Originally posted by waterfowl@Dec 27 2006, 12:41 PM
The end with Adriana Lima where it fades out with simulated airplane noises. Then that was looped.
Oh, so it was taken from the show <_< . Thought that tune existed for real, then someone computer-literate could take it and recreate the remix. (Screaming) Life's so cruel ...sometimes ...

:eek: Really? What is it then? "Air & Jigs" by Pipe Major Robert Mathieson?

And thanks for the link to Fashion Stock! I had always thought that they never did release the shows on DVD. Now I know I just didn't look in the right place... :(

Especially for those who like the song during the PINK segment, I added a mashup of Kelis - Bossy (Switch) vs Entry of the Gladiators to my MySpace page.

Oh sorry! I guess I was so excited I didn't say the name.

Eric Rigler - Fraher's Jig

You're welcome - I stumbled upon the Fashion Stock website last year.

Thanks for the Scottish track name.. The PINK segment was awesome.

So the entire SHOW IS ON DVD?????

Yeah, the entire show is on DVD. The audio is from the mixer console, so the audio doesn't contain any applause.

However, $40 is an insane price! Maybe I'll decide to upload the DVD, because they're making too much money off of this.

The actual contents are valuable, though. This DVD is only distributed to company holders. Fashion Stock makes copies of the one they receive and sell them.

jca, please update the list - the PINK runway is mixed with Entry of the Gladiators, not Thunder & Blazes"; The Scottish tune is "The Fraher's Jig"; The Killers remix is Jacques Lu Cont's Thin White Duke remix.

PINK runway is mixed with Entry of the Gladiators, not Thunder & Blazes

Actually, it's the same classical piece. It got several titles over the years.

Wow I still cant find these VS tracks:,

Bossy (Kelis) (Switch Remix) VS On The March [Entry of the Gladiators]

Air & Jigs (Pipe Major Robert Mathieson) VS I’ve Got A Life (The Eurythmics)

Just A Little More Love (David Guetta featuring Chris Willis) (Gospel Mix by cheekypaul & Jeremy Healy)

even With the proper names everyone here has provided. Sorry to ask, which sources are you using? Because all of my search results are coming up empty

Croft, the mash ups were created by cheekypaul and Jeremy Healy for Victoria's Secret exclusively and were not released commercially. Therefore you won't be able to find it on iTunes or whatever. We just to have to hope for the talented remixers amongst us to try and emulate the them - so far we have The Killers and Kelis, the others will hopefully be coming soon.

Thanks fistfunk for the Kelis mash up! Very nicely done, will you be doing any of the others?

Probably not. I usually only recreate the ones I really like myself (last year, I did the same with the Audio Bullys - Bang Bang remix).

The bagpipe song doesn't do it for me, and the gospel remix is too elaborate for me to reproduce. I'd be surprised if the latter wouldn't get a release.

Waterfowl, when you finish with a song are you going be post a link here or what???

Originally posted by fistfunk@Dec 29 2006, 07:25 AM
Probably not. I usually only recreate the ones I really like myself (last year, I did the same with the Audio Bullys - Bang Bang remix).

are you going to post the Bang Bang remix??

Fistfunk's Bang Bang remix actually wasn't accurate. Probably because CBS didn't air the original mix.

I have a copy of the original mix somewhere, but I can't find it right now.

The mixes can be extracted from the official VS Fashion Show DVD. Maybe when I receive mine, I'll upload them.

I got a sorta half remix of Jamelia done, but it's not done yet.

Originally posted by fistfunk@Dec 29 2006, 07:25 AM
Ooh, I haven't got that yet, please post that?

We need a server where we can collect all of the fan-made remixes together. That way we can know what is available and what is still on the To Do list.

Thanks alot for the link to the VS DVD . B)

I have a video clip of the ' Highland' runway and the finale from the skynews.com clip.

Who knows the name of the model, shes a real cutey, in the ' Winter' section, she had on this fluffy white hood, and white fluffy mittens and those hooked strap things. its not Allesandra

Really good clear resolution. Does anyone have a similar link for the PINK section of the show?

Back