2006 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Wow, I'm amazed at the level of misinformation here. I'm a HUGE fan of this site, and as a person who relies on it so often, it's sad to see some of my favorites so badly mis-repped. No hard feelings on anyone's missed guesses- I know we're all human & trying to help. I'm totally thankful for all the ccol music I've found thanks to this place, and hope no one takes this wrong.. It's just a downer that no one knows the stuff I most like. ;) ..Hmm, guess some folks feel the same way when I ask about stuff too, huh? ;)

The song sung by Annie Lennox is actually by the Eurythmics (she's in the band), and is called "I've Got a Life." You can find it on their Ultimate Collection CD.

The song people keep debating about being Erasure is in fact not Erasure- it's Depeche Mode, and its called "Personal Jesus." (I'm glad folks mentioned who did the remake, since I was curious about who sampled this as well.)

The song repeating "don't hold back" w/the Arabic/Middle Eastern sounding music in it has actually been used in a bunch of commercials, (one being an alcohol commercial featuring a crown.. can't remember the brand though), and it's called "Galvanize" by the Chemical Brothers. :)

Wow, I'm so glad I've finally been able to help! I've used this resource so many times & wished I could give back, it's nice to finally have a turn. :)
Cheers all, thanks for posting! :D:D

Originally posted by lyn86@Dec 5 2006, 08:25 PM
i was wondering if anyone knows the song that plays in the opening credits.. even sometimes when heidi klum is talking about the show, the song is playing in the background.. its kinda like a piano song.. slow song.. please help!

The slow song with Piano:

Sia - Breathe Me

Originally posted by renaessance@Dec 6 2006, 12:02 AM
The song repeating "don't hold back" (one being an alcohol commercial featuring a crown.. can't remember the brand though), and it's called "Galvanize" by the Chemical Brothers.
Budwiser Beer commercials.

Originally posted by renaessance@Dec 6 2006, 12:02 AM
Wow, I'm amazed at the level of misinformation here. I'm a HUGE fan of this site, and as a person who relies on it so often, it's sad to see some of my favorites so badly mis-repped. No hard feelings on anyone's missed guesses- I know we're all human & trying to help. I'm totally thankful for all the ccol music I've found thanks to this place, and hope no one takes this wrong.. It's just a downer that no one knows the stuff I most like. ;) ..Hmm, guess some folks feel the same way when I ask about stuff too, huh? ;)

The song sung by Annie Lennox is actually by the Eurythmics (she's in the band), and is called "I've Got a Life." You can find it on their Ultimate Collection CD.

The song people keep debating about being Erasure is in fact not Erasure- it's Depeche Mode, and its called "Personal Jesus." (I'm glad folks mentioned who did the remake, since I was curious about who sampled this as well.)

The song repeating "don't hold back" w/the Arabic/Middle Eastern sounding music in it has actually been used in a bunch of commercials, (one being an alcohol commercial featuring a crown.. can't remember the brand though), and it's called "Galvanize" by the Chemical Brothers. :)

Wow, I'm so glad I've finally been able to help! I've used this resource so many times & wished I could give back, it's nice to finally have a turn. :)
Cheers all, thanks for posting! :D:D
thank you so much! you've made my day :D

Wow I love this site. I just logged on for the first time in a while. The first thing on was exactly what I was looking for. I love you guys. I mean it all of you.

Just an update about the music listing on page one of this thread.

The track "Bossy" by Kelis sounds like it is based on the "Switch Remix" combined with some other carnival/circus music remix. Perhaps it is a new remix by the show's musical producer Jeremy Healy?

No idea of the name of the "Highland" song that began with a performance by bagpiper Eric Rigler.

Not sure which remix/version of "Just A Little More Love" by David Guetta is being used.

Not sure which remix/version of "When You Were Young" by The Killers is being used.

There are a few pieces of incidental music used in some scenes that have not been identified.

This was my mistake, "Reach out and touch faith" and "reach out and touch me" sounded practically the same to me. However, since I liked that song, I figured other people would want to know what it is so I took the liberty of looking it up even before anyone asked about it.

one being an alcohol commercial featuring a crown.. can't remember the brand though
The Chemical Brothers song has been used in Bud Select commercials.

I'd been trying to find this under Eurythmics music and found no success. Thanks for finding it.

The "Bossy" track by Kelis definitely sounds like a combination of the "Switch remix" with a mix of traditional circus/carnival music -- most notably the classic circus song known as "Thunder and Blazes".

I hope people are actively searching for the name of the remix of When You Were Young by The Killers. I know I am. Please post back if you have any leads.

No one knows the Killers remix? Really?

It's the Jacques Lu Cont Thin White Duke remix.

"When You Were Young (Jacque lu Cont Thin White Duke Mix)" by THE KILLERS. I saw that nobody knew who remixed it, so I posted it. This song just freakin rocks.

Originally posted by waterfowl@Dec 7 2006, 10:14 PM
It's the Jacques Lu Cont Thin White Duke remix.
Well, I've listened to everything labeled "Jacques Lu Cont Thin White Duke Remix" that is available and it doesn't sound exactly like the version used in the show.

I don't hear any of those accent strings (sounds like plucking a violin) or bells used in the version in the Victoria's Secret Show.

A possible answer is (just like the "Bossy" remix) that Jeremy Healy remixed the track himself just for the show based on a previous remix (like the one you mentioned).

But this is just speculation until someone else offers better/more information.

Have you listened to the Killers' original version of When You Were Young? It's definitely the Jacques Lu Cont version with additional sounds.

I don't know if you got the right version, because it should be pretty obvious that that's the remix used.

The David Guetta remix of Just a little more love is (Wally Lopez remix edit)

umm the bag pipe solo is by eric rigler then i'm not too sure about anything else.... hope i helped at least one person out

I just thought i'd post the remix title for the killers song

"When You Were Young (Jacques Lu Cont Remix)"by The Killers

On the CBS airing for VS Show 2006, what is the FIRST song played? Not Justin Timberlake's SexyBack, I mean the "rock" song without lyrics that was playing as Heidi is talking and then while all the models are arriving and getting their makeup done.

Back