Random Dump Zone, part.. what? Kajillion?

Still very hard at work. Here's the image I made for the front cover of the skykarma thing. I shot the photo and everything (well except for some of the stars, those were hubble). it's a little foggy, and the colors aren't quite right but it's my first attempt at this style. that and i'm as tired as hell.

cleek

My grandpa was one of the designers of the Hubble. :) He died a few days ago. :(

Sooo Anthony, I saw your state quarter today.. :lol:

I'm sorry to hear that Melissa. :(
Did you know him pretty well?

:lol: @ The monetary topic swapping

Originally posted by dascoot+May 1 2006, 01:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ May 1 2006, 01:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-a_iver@May 1 2006, 02:12 PM
Did you know him pretty well?
Yah, he was my grandpa. [/b][/quote]
Well.. you might not know him well if he lived in another state or something..

Originally posted by AmelieMellow+May 1 2006, 01:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AmelieMellow @ May 1 2006, 01:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-a_iver@Apr 30 2006, 01:07 AM
you guys wanna see what i worked on tonight? :-)

cleek
oh neat. it reminds me a lot of the atari font. [/b][/quote]
Why thank you stephy :-)

And yeah it does kinda look like Atari. Especially the way the left leg curves of the A curves up against the right/middle.

yes, it has the same blockish effect, but not the same symmetry. you should eventually list what the project is for so we can think about it more in depth.

We are supposed to make a tri-fold brochure for either a fictional sporting goods store or a pet store. We can choose to have the store specialize in something. I chose a bike shop. The audience is young teenager boys.

The design concept itself was chosen based upon what a young teenager would want from a bike. They'd want it to be fast. They'd want other guys to think it was really cool. To them a bike also represents freedom. A way to get away from it all. My idea was to exaggerate these aspects. For instance there are stars all over in the background. In another part in the brochure I'm going to a few more teenagers driving around up in the clouds. Like they could do anything they want and not even the forces of gravity could stand in their way. And with all the bright light around it kind of introduces a kind of glamour, and combined with the overall darkness of the design portrays a kind of rockstar fame. And the swirling colors contribute to the mystery of the bike. When I made the typeface I wasn't even thinking about Atari, but I don't necessarily think it's a bad association. I just wanted something kids would think is cool. Something kind of loud and geometrical, but smooth and still relatively readable. I thought it would go well with the design.

whew :P

I made a Flash photo gallery with music for Interactive Motion Scripting class, check it out. I took the pics too.

Damn boy.

Leone there ya go, what he uses'd be good for night shots. :ok:

Modest too.

I like the first column, second down.. you can see a shpooky face. :) Also the second column, second down, looks like a angel or somesing.

Yeah they turned out really good. Did everything work right for you? Music and links?

Yes and yes.

Garret I try not to stroke your ego too much man but you just became my god for the day.

Back