Best commercial ad song?

Originally posted by RamenCup@Sep 25 2006, 11:39 PM
"Ruby" by Camille - Betty Crocker Warm Delights
"Hello Tomorrow" by Squeak E. Clean feat. Karen O. - Adidas' Impossible is Nothing
(This was an awesome ad with gorgeous direction and special effects, plus the song was made specifically for the ad)
"I Found a Reason" by Cat Power - V for Vendetta promo ad

All have a very hypnotic sound to it. A bit dreamy and balladlike.

And all found on adtunes.com! Thanks!
Great ad. One of my favorites played in the US and the last 3 years.

Originally posted by tim_rattay@Sep 3 2006, 05:53 PM
It's the song from this ad featuring Donovan McNabb and the Summit Apparel series for the NFL a few years ago.

See the commerical here

I'm pretty sure it was made just for the commercal. I wish it was actually a song.
Yeah, what an awesome ad. I remember scouring this site for the music and was quite disappointed when found it was greated for the commercial. This piece actually caused me to seek out Tony Luke's when I visited Philly a few months after the commercial first aired.

Came here looking for the music featured in this ingenius ad.

http://www.advertisementave.com/tv/ad.asp?adid=179

(click the real player link..windows media seems to be broken)

Never found it and most like think it's made for the commercial. Regardless, it's a truly brilliant creation and one of the more clever commercials I've ever seen. Watch it in case you missed it 5-6 years ago.

Two totally different ones: 'Montagues and Capulets' by Prokofiev on an old Lexus commercial (late 80s-early 90s), and 'Golden Touch' by Razorlight on a Pontiac G6 commercial (last year sometime). I had never heard either song before, and they're some of my all-time favourites now. Check 'em out!

"SOUL SURFING" by FATBOY SLIM in an ADIDAS Soccer TV AD back in 1998-99 during their 'FOREVER SPORT' Campaign.

"APACHE" mixed by FATBOY SLIM for a Germany ADIDAS ad during this year's World Cup. Here's that ad:

Coors Light Rocks On

The anthem, directed by A Band Apart's Wayne Isham, is backed by a mix fashioned from four different tracks: "King of Rock" by DMC of Run DMC, "Rock the Party" by P.O.D., "So You Want to Be a Rock And Roll Star" by The Byrds, and the Scorpions' "Rock You Like a Hurricane."

Unfortunately it was never released as a single. :(

that song that plays during commercials for Saved AND The Closer on TNT. I am still looking for what it is called, but honestly, it is the coolest thing that I have ever heard.

Hands down, "Declamation" by Chris Payne. Possibly the most stumping post ever posted, and the longest topic-specific post in here that I've seen. 11 pages worth of song-hunting. First/Last. Combined with the fact that someone (waindog...) grabbed and posted a downloadable version for a while, so most of us managed to get a copy.

What an epic search for an epic song.

Originally posted by ActuarialMadness+Oct 1 2006, 12:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ActuarialMadness @ Oct 1 2006, 12:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tim_rattay@Sep 3 2006, 05:53 PM
It's the song from this ad featuring Donovan McNabb and the Summit Apparel series for the NFL a few years ago.

See the commerical here

I'm pretty sure it was made just for the commercal. I wish it was actually a song.
Yeah, what an awesome ad. I remember scouring this site for the music and was quite disappointed when found it was greated for the commercial. This piece actually caused me to seek out Tony Luke's when I visited Philly a few months after the commercial first aired. [/b][/quote]
That song was seriously created only for the commercial? What a letdown!!! Do you happen to know who composed it?

"Whenever I Wake Up" - Karen O and Squeek E Clean (Adidas)

"This Is the Day" - The The (Dockers)

"Sunchyme" - Dario G (Acuvue)

"Deadringer" - RJD2 (ESPN Commercial for the NBA).

"The Only Way is the Wrong Way" by Filter
... used in a Hummer H2 ad back in like 01 or 02

"Club Foot" by Kasabian
... used in a Nissan commercial

"Synch" by Peter Ducharme
... composed for a VW Jetta commercial after the video was finalized so he could 'synch' the music to the video beat

I think the best ad song was the one for the army commercial where they were showing where people worked and it said their status like, "currently: hunting osama bin laden" or something like that. I think the music was done by Asche and Spenser, or so it was said by people on this forum but I searched endlessly through their site and even tried contacting them but to no avail in finding the song. It had the best guitar hook I ever heard.

Gotta say:

"Adiemus" - Delta Air Lines (1994)

"Calexico - Pepita" - Adidas, Impossible Is Nothing

"Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats" - Sony Bravia

Originally posted by thesassycynic@Aug 7 2006, 09:18 AM
Definitely "Galang" by M.I.A. from the Honda commercial. It fits the commercial really well, and it makes me actually have a small amount of respect for Honda.
i super agree on gangalang. now i listen to MIA on a regular...and the song went very well with the commercial. and i respect hondas...cuz mine has never done me wrong lol.

also if golden touch was for the potiac g6 convertable commercial...hecks yeah i looooove that song. also nissa was hurting everybody with lenny kravits 'fly away' for the x-tera. mitsubishi was cool with the song with the pop lockin chick "with out you"

Snow Patrol - "Chasing Cars"

The Discovery Channel promo for a look back at Katrina stricken New Orleans.

Back