Best commercial ad song?

The song that started it all for me with commercials was "Popcorn" by Hot Butter from a Pampers wipes commercial...they way I look at commercials was never the same.

my perosonal favorite would be "I like the way you move" by the bodyrockers from one of the coke commercials. it's what brought me here. ;)

this one's really cool!
(i actually heard it in some car commercial, i think... anyway...)

but my favourit's still "Return To Paradise" by X-Perience
I'm not sure what commercial it was, I think it was some film-promo or something...

the song that brought me here is still unfound :cry:
Criminal Minds
Nobody seems to know this one =/

Originally posted by Three Gun Fish@Aug 8 2006, 11:14 AM
The one that sticks out is the Mike Jordan commercial with Mary J. Blige covering Stevie Wonder's "Overjoyed."

Aside from that, the Nike commercial that uses basketball sound effects as a percussive beat. Back when Jason Williams was the next White hype.
Just to add to that, the commercial with J. Will and Rany Moss had the Dukes of Hazard theme playing in the back.

The Who's Teenage Wasteland playing on the commercial for Saved on TNT brought me to this site.

I was in Costa Rica in 2004 and the local TV station would play Luke Vibert's "I Love Acid" while they showed the TV schedual for the night.

Cool techno openly expressing love for drugs? I think thats somthing you dont hear on US commercials

-Matt Kinel

"Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats" - Sony Bravia

Oh, definitely. Gorgeous, and poignant.

All of mine come from Target ads. Huh.

"Coming Home" - The 88
"All Possibilites" - Badly Drawn Boy
"Say Something New" - The Concretes

My favorite song on a commercial is:

"All night" By Sam Phillips (AMC commercial)

But the reason i came here was to find a song out of a kahluah ad, and i found it!

the geico caveman "remind me" totally rocks!

also a hyundai commercial has a fast, punk type song. I don't know the name but the commercial involves two guys driving around in circles until they are dizzy.

a payless shoes and a volkswagon rabbit commercial both have a song called "Birds and the Bees" by Patrick and Eugene. ADORABLE!!!!

ok. Does anyone remember a commercial a few years back for Tide I think. Or maybe it was cheers. I know it was some luandry detergent. ANYWAYS!!!!!!! The whole commercial was a side by side comparison of some fabric stained with something and two different detergents being used to get rid of the stain. And the song in the background is a funny, high pitched voice of a woman and a voice of a man and they're singing " Anything you can do I can do better. I can do anything better than you" It's kind of funny ( some might find it annoying maybe) because of the woman's voice. Anyways ...that would be one of my faves as well cause it took me months to stop singing that song in the same high pitched voice!!!! Maybe even a year!!! My sister HATED it !!!! The song is called "Anything you can do I can do better" by Ethel Merman and Howard Keel in case anyone wants to know. :lol:

Just off the top of my head

Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve (Nike, I think)
Praise You by Fatboy Slim (Nike)
Galvanize by Chemical Brothers (Bud Select)
Red Alert by Basement Jaxx (Coke)

well one that i abosolulty love but is driving me nuts that no one can find it is suicide mission by wild whirled from the eragon trailer. i cant seem to find a place to download it or even listen to it other than the trailer.

also struggle by ringside and pontiac tourent commercial

mad world by gary jules - gears of war

does anyone have any leads on the eragon trailer soundtrack yet????????

It would have to be one from an older commercial, maybe 10 years ago? That would be Just One Look, by Doris Troy. It was featured in the Pepsi commercial with the two boys checking out Cindy Crawford drinking Pepsi in the "new" can style. Then they say something about how the can is so beautiful, not even noticing who is drinking it. Every time I hear that song, even many years later, I think of that commercial. Which makes it very effective.
When I hear the Goldfrapp song, I just think of a million commercials which makes it uneffective because it is so played out. Aonther great song would have to be Instant Karma by John Lennon and the Plastic Ono Band. Unfortunately, I still think of Nike when I hear that one too.

Originally posted by r1rider@Oct 25 2006, 06:57 AM
The Who's Teenage Wasteland playing on the commercial for Saved on TNT brought me to this site.
that song is actually called Baba O'Reilly. its a common mistake.

The one that brought me here: "Son's Gonna Rise", by Citizen Cope. Great song, it was used for one of the newer pontiac commercials about a year ago.

Back