Best commercial ad song?

It's the song from this ad featuring Donovan McNabb and the Summit Apparel series for the NFL a few years ago.

See the commerical here

I'm pretty sure it was made just for the commercal. I wish it was actually a song.

the song im trying to find in the new Becks Beer commercial. part of the lyrics include somthing like " hard to navigate these feelings all on my own ". thats the song that brought me here

Originally posted by Na_Pali_Coast_Kauai@Sep 3 2006, 01:39 AM
1. Air - Surfing on A Rocket, Nissan Armada ad.
[ I can't live without this one.]

7. M83 - Don't Save Us From the Flames, Mitsubishi ad.

Hmm. I gotta update my own list of "coolest songs ever heard" or discovered via AdTunes. I dunno :unsure: but after listening to M83's "Don't Save Us From The Flames" a lot lately (in large due to the mere fact that I included it in my list above...), I'm starting to suspect that I can't live without it either. BTW, this song was actually used in a Pontiac ad, not a Mitsubishi ad. My bad.

And as God as my witness, I would like to further proclaim I simply cannot live without the song used in the Geico ad with the crestfallen, indignant but resigned caveman at the airport, namely Royksopp's "Remind Me".

Yes, I love these songs more than life itself.

In no order...

Budwiser--Galvanize
Honda Civic--Galang
Schweppes Grape Ginger Ale--Ground Control to Major Tom
Buffy Series Finale--Just A Little Girl
X-Men: The Last Stand--Ghost Woman and the Hunter
The Covenant--Save Yourself
The Punisher--Step Up

Na_Pali_Coast_Kauai: Royksopp's "Remind Me"...amen to that! there's just something about it... :D

"Ruby" by Camille - Betty Crocker Warm Delights
"Hello Tomorrow" by Squeak E. Clean feat. Karen O. - Adidas' Impossible is Nothing
(This was an awesome ad with gorgeous direction and special effects, plus the song was made specifically for the ad)
"I Found a Reason" by Cat Power - V for Vendetta promo ad

All have a very hypnotic sound to it. A bit dreamy and balladlike.

And all found on adtunes.com! Thanks!

My favorite music discovery ever from a tv commercial was Dario G's "Sunchyme" from an Accuvue contact lenses commercial. This is the kind of dance-y clubby techno-y song that samples the chant from "Life In A Northern Town" the 1980's hit by Dream Academy. Fantastic song.

Interestingly my second favorite is also from a contacts commercial, I think. It's called "Happiness", I think by Human Factor. Can't remember which commercial it was from but it was circa 2005.

I love this thread! Geez...it's hard to name all the good ones, but here's a few of mine:

"Struggle" - Ringside/Pontiac car commercial (I think...)
"Dead Wrong" - Frausdots/America's Next Top Model commercial for VH1
"Surfing on a Rocket" - Air/Nissan ad
"Cubicle" - Rinocerose/not sure what ad this is from
"Bom Bom Bom" Living Things/not sure of this one either

I can't think of any more right now, but those are some of my top picks. B)

PSP commercial; Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out

awesome song, check it out if u dnt know about frannzzzzz.

The song that brought me here is a version of "Hanging on the Telephone" by Cat Power. Sadly, it was made only for the commercial. I can't find it anywhere else.

My favorite would be Strict Machine by Goldfrapp, for the Nip/Tuck commercial. Which was how i found this site...

"Let My baby Ride" - RL Burnside from a Valvoline commercial. That brought me to the site!!!!

Wow i just found this site, it's great.
my favorites

the chemical brothers in budweiser select
AM radio by everclearin the GM commercial (it's very good)
All nissan commercials
target commercial
i'm forgetting a lot

I'm going to have to go with "Half Acre" by Hem, which was used in a recent Liberty Mutual commercial. I saw someone else posted that on here too. It's an amazing song and I'm now obsessed.

the payless shoes commeecial where the lady was trying to fit all of her shoes in a closet and it burst out of the wall .. i think that song i was supposed to hear cuz i later heard it at trader joes and first came on
"bizarre love triangle"-New order(not the same version as in the commercial)

Back