i think its cool to see what songs brought others here...as for me:

galvanize: chemical brothers: budweiser commercial
daylight robbery: imogen heap:turner classic movies oscar week
half acre: hem: honda
catch my disease: ben lee: dell computers
callin' out: lyrics born: diet coke

keep this bumpin' B)

Originally posted by Kyole@Aug 6 2006, 12:21 AM
Im just wondering what everyones favorite or most liked song ever in an ad is?
Preferably one you had never heard pior to seeing the ad
hey im trying to find the little song they play on the discovery channel for their commercial. thats my favorite song right now for many reasons... number one i cant find it anywhere and its buggin' the crap outta me. A little help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
( i cant list three actual songs... there are way too many good ones.) Foxy by Mr. Hendrix, Paradise City by Guns& Roses, Devil went down to Georgia... Charley Daniels, the new system of a down song...dont know the name of it. :blink:
thanks

Mine would have to be the Special K commercial with the Collective Soul song
Better Now!

Dr Pepper - Diet Cherry & Vanilla - Mahnamahna gets my vote
:eek:k:

Aguas De Marco from the Adult Swim promo for Sea Lab 2021. It also brought me to this site.

HMM. . .The First Song That made me come here was the verb commercial with the kids who played with the sun. . .

That song was called. . ."Step Into The Sun" by Solid State Revival

Another Was The At & t commerical with oasis. .. the song was "all around the world"

and my favorite would have to be the adult swim theme a long time ago when adult swim just started out, with the piano in the beginning, then in came percussion. . ETC.

i like that song a lot. . .that one's called:

Mambo Gallega-Tito Puente

P:CE

Well, most of the ads for cars/colas are pretty unique. Some personal favorites:

Span: "Stay As You Are"
Tito Nueves "I Like It Like That" (Ritz Crackers)
Urban Legends (?)) the new Cingular commercial

Others already mentioned. Alison

Without question my favorite was "Ariel Ramirez", It was used in a car commercial.
I also like "Half Acre" and "Girls Attractive" by Diamond Nights, It's the one in the Jag commercial.

The Mercedes commercial from two years ago that featured music that sounded like John Barry had written it. Came here looking for it. Turned out to be a piece of original music composed for the commercial.

Still my favorite.

I was brought here for the same song TuttleStreet was, I think...that is if he is talking about the "Let's All Discover" commercial (Discovery Channel). And talk about buggin the crap outta a person...it's driving me nuts!!! Anyone know what it is? :blink:

it was a long time ago but mas by kinky. i think it was a car commercial but i had heard it before on the show alias and the short-lived kingpin drama on nbc.

Originally posted by ilikesidewalks@Aug 10 2006, 12:23 PM
The Goldfrapp songs that were in those nintendo commercials. That's when I really started noticing/paying attention to music in commercials.

Also "Ballroom Blitz" by Sweet in some mitsubishi commercial.
YES!! When I heard "Strict Machine" along with those fantastic graphics in the nintendo commercial, thats when I was like "Damn! I need to find that song!" and thats when I found adtunes. :D

Another memorable song was "The Caesars - Jerk It Out" Like, when it first hit, it was SO MASSIVE!! But after awhile it just got old.

O and you cant forget about all of the brilliant songs in the target commercials!<333

Most of you probably won't remember the commercial since it's from 2001 or so but when the Lincoln LS debuted, an ingenius masterpiece was created titled "Perceptions." They used a version of Rob Dougan's Clubbed to Death II which cannot be found anywhere else (The version of Clubbed to Death II released on his CD is significantly different). I have the commercial if anyone wants to view it. It really is one of the greatest, most visually impressive commercials ever created.

I like the song in the new Best Buy commercial, I dont know the title, but it makes me want to get up and belly dance.

Mimi

Second lasvegaslynn--
The Mercedes commercial from two years ago that featured music that sounded like John Barry had written it. Came here looking for it. Turned out to be a piece of original music composed for the commercial.

That song is love! :D <3<3<3 The "Ice Flower" commercial *still* rocks my world! <*Grin*>

"Say Something New" by The Concretes for Target

"Starry-Eyed Surprise" by Shifty for Diet Coke (with Splenda?)
(This song, too is love!)

"Pictures of You" by The Cure in an HP Photo commercial ("Frames")

"Galang" by M.I.A. in the Honda spot

"Such Great Heights" by Iron & Wine for M&M's/Minis

"Clap! Shake! Jump!" by Andrea Revel for Old Navy

"Check It Out" Komeda, also for Old Navy

"Breathe" by Telepopmusik for Mitsubishi

"Days Go By" by Dirty Vegas, also for for Mitsubishi

"Da Da Da" by Trio for Volkswagon

and I too am searching for the music in the new "Best Buy" spot.

1. Air - Surfing on A Rocket, Nissan Armada ad.
[ I can't live without this one.]

2. Télépopmusik - Breathe, Mitsubishi SUV ad.
[ This song brought me to this website. ]

3. Emily Gimble - Sunset (?!?), TravelTex tourism ads.

[ Still looking for a FULL version of this song!!#@#%!%^#@!$!!! ]

http://adtunes.com/forums/index.php?showto...l=texas+tourism
---adtunes thread for the song in question
http://www.traveltex.com/behindtheartist.a...N=10300125&LS=0
---official Texas Tourism website
http://www.traveltex.com/mp3s/Emily_Gimble-Sunset.mp3
--- 1 minute sample

(LOL, there are ways of bumping a thread without actually bumping it. Heh heh. ;) Bumping is supposedly strictly verbodden... <_< )

Other Favorites I discovered via AdTunes:

4. Paul Oakenfold - Starry Eyed Surprise, Diet Coke ad
5. Chemical Brothers - Galvanize, Budweiser ad
6. aswefall - Between Us, Air France ad.
7. M83 - Don't Save Us From the Flames, Mitsubishi ad.

i dont know if it is the best song ive heard, but it is defintely one that completely fits in with the commercial.
it's Chasing Cars by: Snow patrol
it was on the commercial for Inside the Twin Towers on the discovery channel
i think it really brings back the emotion of that time

I would say either Oh My from the Project Runway commercials
or Bonnie and Clyde from the Parrot Bay commericals

Back