America's Next Top Model

Remember when everyone was going nuts trying to think of the song in VH-1's Pick Up Artist Promo? Well, that song is back again...now for America's Next Top Model Promos for the 2008 season.

No idea what that song is.....any takers?

Thank you for posting this! I had not seen this promo (I might boycott this season of Top Model!! I'm retarted, I know!!).
I was one of those who wanted to know this song from when VH1 used it for The Pickup Artist. Some have said that it's by Goldfrapp, but the track sounds too 'hard rock-ish' to me to be Goldfrapp (did that make any sense?!). I don't know, I could be wrong......

That is the commercial that features the song on the ANTM ad.

I just want to point out that the Pickup Artist ad used 2 songs. I was looking for one, while another user was searching for the other and somehow the threads were merged. Maybe it was because they were songs in the same commercial, but they were different songs.

OK, back to the ANTM ad. I just heard "Strict Machine" again and while it sounds a lot like the song in the ad, I still don't think that's the one. Like I said before, maybe it's a remix of "Strict Machine" or a whole new, different song! I just know that I want it!!

So, the song can be heard in this week's episode of that Scott Baio VH1 show (he goes to Brooklyn) during the 'previously on' and then later for the' next week on' part of the show. I didn't know if it was OK to post here since this example is not from a commercial.

Not Goldfrapp...everyone thinks that...kind of like "Strict Machine" but not really. I scoured remixes and none sound like that ad...

I listened to some remixes too, since everyone seems to think it's that song!!!, but none sounded like the ad either. I don't know about you, but I am really close to just giving up on the whole thing!!!! It's too painful: loving a song yet not being able to listen to it...

reminds me of a mix between goldfrapp's strict machine and jamelia's beware of the dog.

whatever it is, i NEED it.

Originally posted by Apple D00d@Feb 16 2008, 09:03 AM
reminds me of a mix between goldfrapp's strict machine and jamelia's beware of the dog.

whatever it is, i NEED it.
I found a mash of "Beware of the Dog" and "Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode

:blink:

Yes, there may be a commercial that uses the Janet Jackson song.
However, that's not the ad we are talking about here.
I hope that helps to clarify any confusion!

First I heard this song for a promo for VH-1's The Pick-Up Artist. Next, I heard it used for America's Next Top Model Cycle 10.

I know I am not the only one who is going crazy trying to figure out what this song is. It is not Goldfrapp, or re-mixes...I have checked them all. It is not Janet Jackson's new song...if you check the link, you will know that it is not it. It is also not Donna Summer...checked that too.

If it is music created as ad music only, I can live with that, but nobody can confirm. HELP ME..I AM ABOUT TO PULL MY HAIR OUT AND EAT IT LIKE CRIMINALLY INSANE PEOPLE DO!!!!!!

Thanks in advance for the help.

I think We is using the song for a commercial about the new season of one of their shows. I can't remember the show's title, though.

Watch Best Week Ever this week. I think you can hear the song just for a few seconds, of course, when they talk about Spitzer.

i can't picture the cw having their own music made for it. they just use clips of real songs for every other promo they do.

i just watched bwe, but after i knew to listen for this. so i wasnt paying attention >.>

even if this is just a clip made for it, it's fierce.

Back