6th sense thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: :lol: OK.. Ok I'm not discounting the story, because yes it is pretty effin creepy.. but hahah.. his name is ROBERT. :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by dascoot@Aug 12 2006, 04:36 PM
So far it just looks like he enjoys fuckin with me. <_<
Meanie. :lol:

What about the whispering, it's all sounds but no distinguishable words? :unsure:

Originally posted by leone+Aug 12 2006, 11:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leone @ Aug 12 2006, 11:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dascoot@Aug 12 2006, 04:36 PM
So far it just looks like he enjoys fuckin with me. <_<
Meanie. :lol:

What about the whispering, it's all sounds but no distinguishable words? :unsure: [/b][/quote]
meaning it could be anything from the original lyrics of the lambada to talk about the weather

:lol:

OK the whispering is mainly just "Hey!" and "Melissa!", little things. The time I mentioned specifically when he crawled onto the bed was "Boo!"

The talking sounds like murmured conversation, like there's a tv on really low in the other room.

Well I was pretty freaked out at the Boo! thing. I yelled at the ghost. :lol:

...and what did your husband say at you screaming in the middle of the night?

Originally posted by Scythe@Aug 12 2006, 05:52 PM
...and what did your husband say at you screaming in the middle of the night?
He was playing World Of Warcraft and didn't hear me. I wasn't screaming anyway, I just ran from the bedroom going "That's NOT FUCKING COOL!!" You keep forgetting that the middle of the night is when we're awake, we sleep during the day.

Hahah well he didn't STOP really, just hasn't gotten so close again. Whenever I feel someone in the room and I'm not in the mood (creeped out by scary movie, whatever) I just say out loud "Not tonight, y'all" and either it calms me down or it calms them down, either way I can feel em back off.

Originally posted by dascoot+Aug 12 2006, 12:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ Aug 12 2006, 12:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-a_iver@Aug 12 2006, 01:48 PM
hmm.. well i'm sure it was just your subconscious or something. there's only truly one person who can decide when it's time, and i'm sure if you ask him he could prolly give you an extension ;)

no worries melissa :)
:rolleyes:

You can't believe that god has a plan, and then also believe that praying for something selfish has any real effect. Why would he alter his plan because one single person asked him to?

And altering it millions of times because millions of people asked him to? That shows no resolve. [/b][/quote]
Heyyy don't roll your eyes at me missy
So you don't think it's possible for God to plan that something will happen, but also give you an chance to rely on him to save you? What about after-death experiences? Or even Lazarus. God planned for him to die, but once Jesus was moved by the people, he brought him back to life. I'm not saying you'll be resurrected or nothing.. i'm just saying you shouldn't underestimate prayer.

Originally posted by a_iver+Aug 13 2006, 12:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (a_iver @ Aug 13 2006, 12:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by dascoot@Aug 12 2006, 12:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-a_iver
@Aug 12 2006, 01:48 PM
hmm.. well i'm sure it was just your subconscious or something. there's only truly one person who can decide when it's time, and i'm sure if you ask him he could prolly give you an extension ;)

:rolleyes:

You can't believe that god has a plan, and then also believe that praying for something selfish has any real effect. Why would he alter his plan because one single person asked him to?

And altering it millions of times because millions of people asked him to? That shows no resolve.
Heyyy don't roll your eyes at me missy
So you don't think it's possible for God to plan that something will happen, but also give you an chance to rely on him to save you? What about after-death experiences? Or even Lazarus. God planned for him to die, but once Jesus was moved by the people, he brought him back to life. I'm not saying you'll be resurrected or nothing.. i'm just saying you shouldn't underestimate prayer. [/b][/quote]
no offense mate, but in dutch we use lazarus as synonym for drunk :)

And in real life we use the Bible as a guidebook, not a historical tome.

you might not, but others do. besides, i was just trying to help, no need to be all snotty about it.

what up Amp? i have learned to pay no attention to most of the people on this site.. some of them are just lashing out, because this is the only place that they an do that.

Yeah I've gotten used to it.. honestly I think I might have started it all, but meh, it's a time-passer.

Originally posted by a_iver@Aug 12 2006, 09:11 PM
you might not, but others do. besides, i was just trying to help, no need to be all snotty about it.
Anthony nobody thinks the Bible is historically accurate. At least not anybody that understands that it has survived thousands of years of rewrites and translations and omissions. If I was to tell you the story that my husband heard from the guy at work last night about something that happened to his friend last week, THAT wouldn't even be historically accurate.

Look I get that you're trying to be helpful, but telling someone who has acute health issues that she might not die because some other guy 2000-odd years ago came back from the dead in a story that appears in a book that the person with health issues doesn't even believe in is not how to comfort her.

I'm genuinely sorry if you think that's harsh or snotty or whatever, but you'd prolly have something snide to say to me if I told you that God is a myth created by a martian named Xenu who is imprisoned in a battery-operated mountain. Providing religious beliefs as fact is just plain gonna piss people off, ok?

And Wil, you couldn't be more right. I woke up in a bad mood and chose Anthony to take it out on because I have no other outlet. You're a brilliant man, I applaud your insight.

yea.. i hear ya, but since i have been a member of this site i have come to know some good people.. such as you, Mel, Erin, Leone, and some other but i can not remember their names..

i didn't ask you to believe what i believe. i said this:

hmm.. well i'm sure it was just your subconscious or something. there's only truly one person who can decide when it's time, and i'm sure if you ask him he could prolly give you an extension wink.gif

so if it was my first remark that pissed you off, then i'm sorry you took it that way. because it was meant as encouragement, and not as a slap in the face.

if it was the second thing i said, i can say that it's only fair. because you described why i'm wrong as it was a fact, so therefore i don't see why you're insulted to explain why i disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back