Where did you get your name?

wow, that's a good deal. :eek:

Can't you get notebooks now for around four hundred? There's probably some kind of catch...

no catch for me; i bought the pats serperately by looking out for good offers, and assembeled it myself

really not hard

really, the manual takes the challenge out of it
(although you dont always GET a manual)

I have a question about laptop computers (which is probably really stupid, but I'm asking anyway). How do gain access to the Internet on a laptop if there's no wireless connection around? Is there a card, or something you can download?

em... im guessing every modern laptop has a network plug, so...like...unplug a computer that has internet and plug in your laptop

of course, you have to stay still to do it...

i remember there was also a way you could plug your cell phone to your laptop but it was expensive and slow...

Originally posted by Bloodlessr+Jan 7 2006, 06:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bloodlessr @ Jan 7 2006, 06:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dascoot@Jan 7 2006, 01:20 AM
Wellll sex is pretty much ruined for me now.
Too bad for you. [/b][/quote]
Shut up, you're ruining the flow.

Continue. :)

:lol:

Anyway, I was just asking because I'm trying to save up for a laptop right now but I don't have wireless connection anywhere in my house. A computer without the Internet is pretty much useless to me.

well to give me internet, my dad had to make some holes in certain walls and use a huge cable...works like a charm though

you could also, of course, use a wireless connection...

you plug an antenna-like....thing into the network card of your laptop, and the transmitter used as a router (or plugged into the router)...expensive though, though i guess its the only way if you want to use internet no matter where (in your house)

Originally posted by drizzt_fan14@Jan 8 2006, 09:55 PM
how expensive? :shifty:
well im pretty sure you could get a decent one for...80...
(so youre almost there with your 25)

im not sure which ones are good and which ones arent...again, i suggest whatever ravi says

Hi Staci..

What kind of Internet connection do you have now? DSL? Cable? How many computers are currently on the net?

Well if you have high speed internet and a router chances are the router is already set up for wireless but maybe you have non-wireless router I dont know.

i remember there was also a way you could plug your cell phone to your laptop but it was expensive and slow...

Well, it was really slow and expensive off of the old 2nd generation cell phones (ones without a colored screen, just the green screen) but it actually isn't too bad off of a 3g phone if you have an internet plan, the problem is I don't know of a cell provider that allows this. They track the amt of usage and can tell when you're doing this but, when I used to work for sprint customers still did it all the time and got away with it for the most part.

Originally posted by cultclassic@Jan 8 2006, 05:38 PM
Hi Staci..

What kind of Internet connection do you have now? DSL? Cable? How many computers are currently on the net?
I have DSL, and there's only one computer in the house.

Originally posted by drizzt_fan14+Jan 10 2006, 11:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (drizzt_fan14 @ Jan 10 2006, 11:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cultclassic@Jan 8 2006, 05:38 PM
Hi Staci..

I have DSL, and there's only one computer in the house. [/b][/quote]
....so you probably dont have a router....

well im off to bed
nighty-night peeps

Back