This woman makes me SICK!

True but, I'm not in the mood to clarify. I'm just standing up for Christianity. All of us ARE NOT like that freakin lady. I'm not some extremenist who takes everything literally, it's not meant to be and I know that God know's that. You have to be pretty twisted to see that otherwise, like her.

I'm just referring to all beliefs. Who's interpretation of reasonable on a particular subject? Filtered through which religion? *playing devil's advocate* I don't like this lady either...

Reasonable to me means as long as your beliefs dont involve hurting someone else, physically/emotionally/spritually.

I have more to say, I just don't know...how to say it. I suck with putting out my thoughts.

Moving on: I only have ten more minutes then I'm going to bed.

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@May 19 2006, 01:00 AM
Reasonable to me means as long as your beliefs dont involve hurting someone else, physically/emotionally/spritually.
It's all open to interpretation. That is all. I agree with you though. I just know that my majority rule would never fly anywhere except in Utopia.

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@May 19 2006, 04:00 AM
^ Yes.

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@May 18 2006, 11:23 PM
Wait a second are you trying to say all Christians are like that lady?!?!?!! Because that is not true, thats like saying all muslims are terrorists. I agree religion is dumb but having beliefs or some kind of faith is not, now you can think whatever you want but having respect for other peoples beliefs/faith is important as long as they are reasonable. That way you aren't a fucking asshole, ya know. <_<
Of course not all Christians are this extreme, but the fundamental core belief in Christianity -and this is straight out of the New Testament- is that humans are all flawed, sinners and condemned to Hell, thanks to those two knuckleheads, Adam & Eve. The only way we can be "saved" is to give our lives to Jesus, accept him as the Son of God and admit we need his blessings.

95% of the Christians I know believe this to a tee. I'm guessing Sir Garland, given his Mid Western location, also agrees with this. To me, this promotes ignorance and stupidty and shows a lack of confidence in the human race. A lot of what they call sin is simply our evolutionary mechanisms resurfacing. For example, sexual urges are common and natural and one of the reasons why the human population is the dominant species on this Earth is because of our desire to fornicate. It is not evil to engage in sex outside of the sacrament of marriage. These are human laws designed to control the masses. There's nothing of God in them.

Originally posted by Caren H@May 18 2006, 11:44 PM
I am seriously irratated now, after reading this thread...Madness makes me want to punch a hole in his face...
Then you have no idea what I'm talking about, Caren Honey. I never accused you or anyother people here of being on the same plane as that fundamentalist whacko in the video. My crusade against religion runs far deeper than her insane words.

Originally posted by Caren H@May 18 2006, 11:49 PM
*punches nose* :annoyed:

I'm glad you said what you said G. You don't have to like religion but, still respect people's choice of having a faith...bastard
If people keep their faith completely separated from non-believer's lives then I'm fine with it. But you fundamentalist Christians are never satified with that. Take a cue from the Jews who realize no one will buy into their BS and keep it all private and separated. Fundamentalist Christians want evolution abolished from our schools, want prayer to be mandatory, want stem cell research to be illegal, want abortions to be illegal, want Bush in the White House. All these things directly oppose my views and what I want for myself and my family. Therefore, I greatly oppose F.Christianity. I do not respect these people because they have no respect for the trailblazing that our society is undertaking.

Originally posted by ActuarialMadness@May 19 2006, 09:31 AM
...Sir Garland, given his Mid Western location...
Sir Garland = chick

Originally posted by dascoot+May 18 2006, 03:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ May 18 2006, 03:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-andy@May 18 2006, 04:47 PM
:rolleyes:
Don't you roll your eyes at me, I'll roll your head on the floor! [/b][/quote]
Must remember that line for when Connor is a teenager. :p

Originally posted by ActuarialMadness+May 19 2006, 08:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ActuarialMadness @ May 19 2006, 08:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bloodlessr@May 18 2006, 11:23 PM
Wait a second are you trying to say all Christians are like that lady?!?!?!! Because that is not true, thats like saying all muslims are terrorists. I agree religion is dumb but having beliefs or some kind of faith is not, now you can think whatever you want but having respect for other peoples beliefs/faith is important as long as they are reasonable. That way you aren't a fucking asshole, ya know. <_<
Of course not all Christians are this extreme, but the fundamental core belief in Christianity -and this is straight out of the New Testament- is that humans are all flawed, sinners and condemned to Hell, thanks to those two knuckleheads, Adam & Eve. The only way we can be "saved" is to give our lives to Jesus, accept him as the Son of God and admit we need his blessings.

95% of the Christians I know believe this to a tee. I'm guessing Sir Garland, given his Mid Western location, also agrees with this. To me, this promotes ignorance and stupidty and shows a lack of confidence in the human race. A lot of what they call sin is simply our evolutionary mechanisms resurfacing. For example, sexual urges are common and natural and one of the reasons why the human population is the dominant species on this Earth is because of our desire to fornicate. It is not evil to engage in sex outside of the sacrament of marriage. These are human laws designed to control the masses. There's nothing of God in them. [/b][/quote]
How did I miss all of this?

N-E-WAY.... so I'm sensing some anger hidden in there and that's fine. Wow, religion is a HUGE subjet and can be wildly interpreted in several different ways. You don't know my beliefs because I have not fully expressed them on this site. BUT.. given my "mid-western" location I MUST be one of these people you are speak of right? That's like saying "they are hispanic in Los Angeles so they must be an illegal from Mexico" or he's black and lives in the ghetto so he's a thug."

I'm am a conservative however I will not go in depth of my religious beliefs because it doesn't matter to anyone else but me and I don't have the "standard" churchy beliefs anyway. I don't believe that people should go around trying to sway everyones opinions to match theirs.

I will say that to sit there and say that it shows a lack of intelligence to believe in an organized religion period or believe in a higher power, is doing exactly what you are preaching against. You're pissed at people telling you about their beliefs but you sit here and preach to us about your lack of and why it is stupid to think otherwise.

Get over yourself. You are not better than anyone else. You do not have the world all figured out. Open your mind to the possibility that there ARE different beliefs/opinions and respect everyone for what they believe whether you agree or not.

Originally posted by ActuarialMadness@May 19 2006, 05:31 AM
95% of the Christians I know believe this to a tee. I'm guessing Sir Garland, given his Mid Western location, also agrees with this. To me, this promotes ignorance and stupidty and shows a lack of confidence in the human race.
I'm done.

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@May 19 2006, 10:23 AM

How did I miss all of this?

N-E-WAY.... so I'm sensing some anger hidden in there and that's fine. Wow, religion is a HUGE subjet and can be wildly interpreted in several different ways. You don't know my beliefs because I have not fully expressed them on this site. BUT.. given my "mid-western" location I MUST be one of these people you are speak of right? That's like saying "they are hispanic in Los Angeles so they must be an illegal from Mexico" or he's black and lives in the ghetto so he's a thug."

I'm am a conservative however I will not go in depth of my religious beliefs because it doesn't matter to anyone else but me and I don't have the "standard" churchy beliefs anyway. I don't believe that people should go around trying to sway everyones opinions to match theirs.

I will say that to sit there and say that it shows a lack of intelligence to believe in an organized religion period or believe in a higher power, is doing exactly what you are preaching against. You're pissed at people telling you about their beliefs but you sit here and preach to us about your lack of and why it is stupid to think otherwise.

Get over yourself. You are not better than anyone else. You do not have the world all figured out. Open your mind to the possibility that there ARE different beliefs/opinions and respect everyone for what they believe whether you agree or not
You tell em girl. B)

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@May 19 2006, 10:23 AM

Get over yourself. You are not better than anyone else. You do not have the world all figured out. Open your mind to the possibility that there ARE different beliefs/opinions and respect everyone for what they believe whether you agree or not.
Those people I "speak of" in my prior post are simply following the central belief of Christianity. You do believe in John 3:16, yes? If so, you believe everything I stated. Regarding the details of your personal beliefs, I said "guess" meaning I used statistical demographics to assign a higher probability to your Christian upbringing. I'm right too aren't I? You admitted you're conservative.

I'm not pissed about people sharing their beliefs. I'm pissed at arrogant Christians who tell me I'm an evil person damned to Hell if I don't accept your Jesus as my Lord and savior. Even if you don't say it personally to me, you still believe it and that makes religion a malignant, destrustive device that will naturally partition our society and cause problems for years to come.

I never said I figured out the world. It is you Christians who think you know how we have come into existence , where we're headed when we die, how the universe was created, etc. I don't think any human knows these things and have never said otherwise. It is your arrogant beliefs that presume to have the world figured out because to introduce any seeds of doubt shatters your precious image of an omnipotent, caring God with a set in stone plan for you.

Originally posted by ActuarialMadness+May 19 2006, 01:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ActuarialMadness @ May 19 2006, 01:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sir_Garland@May 19 2006, 10:23 AM

Those people I "speak of" in my prior post are simply following the central belief of Christianity. You do believe in John 3:16, yes? If so, you believe everything I stated. Regarding the details of your personal beliefs, I said "guess" meaning I used statistical demographics to assign a higher probability to your Christian upbringing. I'm right too aren't I? You admitted you're conservative.

I'm not pissed about people sharing their beliefs. I'm pissed at arrogant Christians who tell me I'm an evil person damned to Hell if I don't accept your Jesus as my Lord and savior. Even if you don't say it personally to me, you still believe it and that makes religion a malignant, destrustive device that will naturally partition our society and cause problems for years to come.

I never said I figured out the world. It is you Christians who think you know how we have come into existence , where we're headed when we die, how the universe was created, etc. I don't think any human knows these things and have never said otherwise. It is your arrogant beliefs that presume to have the world figured out because to introduce any seeds of doubt shatters your precious image of an omnipotent, caring God with a set in stone plan for you. [/b][/quote]
Yes, I'm a conservative. That's my POLITICAL stance. If I had to catagorize my religious beliefs then I'm "christian". Again, as I've stated, I do not have the "typical" beliefs that most christians do. I don't throw science out the window like some do.

So "you Christians" think they have the world figured out huh? First off, it's an OPINION or belief. You call that arrognace??
It is you Christians who think you know how we have come into existence , where we're headed when we die, how the universe was created, etc.

I'm pissed at arrogant Christians who tell me I'm an evil person damned to Hell if I don't accept your Jesus as my Lord and savior.
-Not every christian goes around telling everyone this. But their belief is that if you are not saved then yes, you go to hell. And how is that arrogant again? That's their belief. That's their RIGHT. If you don't agree then fine. It does not make them stupid or arrogant. YOU going around calling people ignorant because of their beliefs seems pretty damn arrogant to me.

Even if you don't say it personally to me, you still believe it and that makes religion a malignant, destrustive device that will naturally partition our society and cause problems for years to come.
How so? Yes religion is sooo destructive. It teaches bad and evil to our society.

Well, it doesn't matter cause in the end YOU are the only one here with true happiness right? Cause you have money. And someone living paycheck to paycheck cannot possibly be happy even though they love their family and spending time with them means all the happiness in the world, they must just be mistaken on what happiness is cause they haven't gone to vegas and blown tons of money. What was that sarcastic smiley Dan? <_<

Back