The Simpsons Season 18

Reaction score
The Simpsons "Jazzy and the Pussycats" season 18

hey, whats the jazz song that Lisa and Bart are playing at the GoodTimes bar on stage? thanks.

The Simpsons "Jazzy and the Pussycats" season 18

I'm dying to know what song was played on tonight's episode, after the cameo by the white stripes, while Lisa was walking around and seemingly collecting animals (I was half watching...).
I can't even remember how it goes! All I know is that I really liked it and before i could start writing down lyrics it was over. I'm sure I've heard it before, maybe on a commercial?
HELP!

I checked tv.com and its says the jazz standard "Killer Joe" by Benny Golson was used this episode. Could that be it?

"Little Green Bag" by George Baker

You might remember it from the opening titles of the movie RESERVOIR DOGS.

What is the name of that White Stripes song that was playing when bart was drumming?

Another question.... What was the name of the very first jazz song they played on stage?

If I remember correctly, it was also played in the movie Swingers, when Mikey first danced that slow song with Lorraine at the end.

Thanks!

the first song they kids play in the club is "Take Five" by the Dave Brubeck Quartet

I bought that song (take five) from iTunes after the first poster asked, and it didn't sound like the same one. I should probably go back and listen to it again!

Thanks for the info!
Mike

You're right, I'm wrong! Sorry about that. I re-watched the episode and the tune is the take five one.

Thanks though for the responses!

The Simpsons "Please Homer, Don't Hammer 'Em" season 18

Just watched the Simpsons episode earlier tonight, and if any of you saw this too, perhaps you can tell me the name of the song that played during the middle of it - specifically, it's the epic song that played during Bart and Principal Skinner's "shrimp vs. peanut" duel. I KNOW I've heard this song before, possibly during film music trailers. For some reason, in my mind I'm associating it with Star Wars......I'm not sure if it was actually from one of the prequel films or just that it seems like the type of music to be playing in the background of a lightsaber duel, but I have a feeling that the Bart / Skinner fight was a parody of one of the Star Wars fights (perhaps Revenge of the Sith)?

Anyway, if anyone has heard this, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know the name of the song and the artist too, if possible. I'm reasonably sure this is a well-known - or at least often-used - song, so I don't think it would be too hard to identify. But it's driving me nuts!

Ah! So it WAS Star Wars related!

This was probably a softball for you, but I do thank you. :D

The Simpsons "Treehouse of Horror XVII" season 18

Does anybody know the 2 songs that played during the "old" part of the special? They were songs that sounded like they were from the 40's or so. I couldn't catch a good tag line or lyric from either one to look it up. Any help would be appreciated.

Billie Holiday - “Gloomy Sunday” orginally written by Rezső Seress

not sure if its Eddy Arnold or The Ink Spots - "I Don't Want To Set The World on Fire"

There was also a little number that was sung at the radio station by some orchestra...don't know that...

Originally posted by foggienites@Nov 6 2006, 11:12 AM
There was also a little number that was sung at the radio station by some orchestra...don't know that...
Thanks! I thought the song on the radio was the same as the first song in that bit but maybe I'm wrong.

I was watching this w/ my mother and she commented that it was the Ink Spots singing "I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire", just so you can get the correct version mopar_man.

Back