The Simpsons Season 18

The Simpsons "G.I. (Annoyed Grunt)" season 18

Does anyone know the tune which plays when the soldiers invade Springfield to find Homer Simpson? It plays before and after Lennys car gets crushed with the tank. The music sounds very familiar but I just cant figure out what it is...

Thanks in advance!

No, its not that... actually its just an instrumental piece, and sounds kinda military-ish...

any clues...?

That tune was used for "When Johnny Comes Marching Home," and re-used for "The Ants Go Marching." It has been a traditional song since Civil War times, and there is no known composer or original artist associated with it.

The Simpsons "The Wife Aquatic" season 18

Hey, today on the simpsons there was a song that sounded very much like a theme from a major motion picture score. It recurred throughout the episode, mostly when referring to Barnacle Bay, where they vacationed. I can't even describe the sound but I know it is from a movie. If anybody knows their help would be appreciated. Thanks!

"Carnival of the Animals: Aquarium" by Camille Saint-Saens. It's seems to be an homage to "Days of Heaven."

I found it under "the carnival of the animals" "aquarium" richard stamp was the artist. it is a truly haunting melody.

Camille Saint-Saens is the composer. Richard Stamp is an orchestra conductor, not the composer or performer.

The Simpsons "Please Homer, Don't Hammer 'Em" season 18

On the episode where bart finds out skinner is allergic to peanuts, then skinner finds out bart is allergic to shrimp, when they fight there's a song playing. Could anyone please identifiy it? :(

The Simpsons "Rome-old and Juli-eh" season 18

I'm looking for the name of the music during the epic battle sequence.

It's going to take a bigger Lord of the Rings geek than I :nerd: to confirm this (and forgive me if you've already figured this out) but it sounds to me like something chosen/written specifically to sound like a piece of Howard Shore's score to the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Unfortunately that means it's probably lying in a production library somewhere. :( If you would be happy with something similar I'd recommend those soundtracks.

Sadley, I am a big enough lotr nerd to be able to tell you what the song is. lol The begining instrumental part doesn't sound too familiar, but the chanting is definitaly from lotr! The song is called "The Fields of Pelennor" on the Return of the King soundtrack and the chanting part starts around a 1:45ish. It's a great soundtrack and the end songs all kinda sound like this! Check it out!

*oops* :blush: I stand corrected and bow to your superior LotR soundtrack knowledge :nerd: Nothing sad about that by the way - honestly, had it been from the Two Towers soundtrack I would have known instantly :rolleyes: It's by far my favorite and I couldn't find my RotK to save my life that day. I broke down and opened a new one after you posted :duh: Thanks for coming to the rescue.

:lol: I also think The Two Towers is the best, and sadly scratched all of lotrs cds from over playing them! lol I had to borrow my best mates to put them on itunes. I only know as much about them as I do because I, 1st love them to death, but 2nd play the scores on the paino. But good ear to you for knowing it was lotr! :D Those lotrs fans know their stuff!!!

They have sheet music for that stuff? :blink: How difficult is it? or are you just that good that you can wing it? :p I wouldn't even know where to buy sheet music anymore without driving into the city :(

Back