Random Dump Zone, part.. what? Kajillion?

That's why tatooing is forbidden.

:2cents: Actually the bible does not technically speak against tattooing. The only verse that is brought up when this issue is debated is in Leviticus 19:28 which states that you should not make any cuttings or tattoos on your body for the dead. My opinion is that a tattoo is not wrong but it's wrong to get a tattto for someone that has passed away. :)

I have a tatoo for my aunt, just for your opinion do you really think its wrong or wrong cause the bible said it? Just curious, I never heard that.

I think of it as a remembrance that as long as it lasts on my body she will never be forgotten, and everyone will remember how awesome she was and how she was tragically taken away from us

The bible says a lot of things. <_< You can pretty much take the old testament with a grain of salt.
The commandments are pretty dern good though. And many of the stories seem to be true. Others..........not so much.
It really is an individual thing between you and whatever/whoever you believe in. Read everything you can get your hands on and make your own choices. Personally I won't ever get one but I think tatoos are fine as long as it's done professionaly and you're using a clean needle.

Well, yeah I guess I should rephrase. I am a believer in the Bible but at the same time I do believe that there is a big difference between the old and new testiments. Also, the Bible has been translated many times and differs greatly from the original version. If I see a tattoo that's in rememberance of someone I don't automatically consider it a sin. I actually think it's rather thoughtful and sweet. Also, it's not listed in the 10 commandments. It's a pretty debatable topic but see there are all kinds of stuff like that in the old testiment such as not eating pork which everyone does now. So, I guess I think that it's really what's in your heart and that's what matters. :)

that's cool, thanks for the thoughts

and don't worry it was very professional and a clean needle!!

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Aug 16 2005, 09:48 AM
Well, yeah I guess I should rephrase. I am a believer in the Bible but at the same time I do believe that there is a big difference between the old and new testiments. Also, the Bible has been translated many times and differs greatly from the original version. If I see a tattoo that's in rememberance of someone I don't automatically consider it a sin. I actually think it's rather thoughtful and sweet. Also, it's not listed in the 10 commandments. It's a pretty debatable topic but see there are all kinds of stuff like that in the old testiment such as not eating pork which everyone does now. So, I guess I think that it's really what's in your heart and that's what matters. :)
;) :D

I made a post in the joke thread once that's so funny about some of the things in the old testament. I'll have to find it.

Dear Bible Thumping Right Wing Fanatic,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I Have learned a great deal from you and your kind and am so happy to have been set straight, no pun intended, on the evils of an alternate lifestyle or of being in any way different.
As a recent convert from the sinful free thinking ways of a liberal I admit that my former ignorance allowed me to maintian an attitude that would surely have seen me burned in hell. I had some of the craziest ideas. Like as long as an inividual wasn't hurting anyone what they did with their life was their business. I actually believed that same sex marriage was harmless. Especially if it was between two women and they were really attractive.
But now I try to share my new found knowledge with as many people as I can get to listen. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.
However, being so new to the conservative version of right and wrong, most of which is taken straight from the indisputable pages of the Bible, I do need some advice from you regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev.1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

B) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread. (cotton/polyester blend) He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev.24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev.20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. I wish to make every effort to practice every word I read to the letter of the law as I've just recently read the passage concerning this Jesus person healing the sick on the Sabbath. We all know what happened to him.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Originally posted by givemfitz@Aug 16 2005, 07:17 PM
Dear Bible Thumping Right Wing Fanatic,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I Have learned a great deal from you and your kind and am so happy to have been set straight, no pun intended, on the evils of an alternate lifestyle or of being in any way different.
As a recent convert from the sinful free thinking ways of a liberal I admit that my former ignorance allowed me to maintian an attitude that would surely have seen me burned in hell. I had some of the craziest ideas. Like as long as an inividual wasn't hurting anyone what they did with their life was their business. I actually believed that same sex marriage was harmless. Especially if it was between two women and they were really attractive.
But now I try to share my new found knowledge with as many people as I can get to listen. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.
However, being so new to the conservative version of right and wrong, most of which is taken straight from the indisputable pages of the Bible, I do need some advice from you regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev.1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

B) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread. (cotton/polyester blend) He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev.24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev.20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. I wish to make every effort to practice every word I read to the letter of the law as I've just recently read the passage concerning this Jesus person healing the sick on the Sabbath. We all know what happened to him.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
:lol: genius... pure genius

Yeah it is. And I'm pretty much middle of the road. I'm pretty left on some things and right on others. ;)
Still can't find anyone to vote for on the pro-choice pro-gun ticket. ;) :P

Yeah, I'm a little of both as well but I'd say more right than left without a doubt but more independant than republican. But I registered republican so I can vote in the primaries.

Back