Mtv's The State

Lurker13

Reaction score
In the 7th episode of the first season, there's a skit about an eccentric high school performance artist (Missy Von Kimmelman,) and there's some classical music that played in it I really liked. Here's a site where you can find the clip of said skit. The site tends to go down due to bandwidth, unfortunately. It first plays 00:01:02, and more of it plays at 00:01:33.
If it helps, I later heard it in a commercial for Disney's Gargoyles (scenes from the show were being shown on buildings.) It was a pretty long commercial when it was first aired.
I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me what the name of it is, because it's driving me nuts.

michelle

Pro Member
Reaction score
:wub: I loved that show so much!

Sorry, don't know the song -- can't access the page right now.

Lurker13

Reaction score
Good to hear. They're planning on releasing a dvd collection. As soon as they sort out some issues, or so their website says.

Yeah, the bandwidth thing's a pain. I think (hope) it's daily. If not, I guess I could make an mp3 of it and email it to you if you can't access the site within a few days (I've got a copy of the clip.)

Lurker13

Reaction score
Ok....it's been a couple of days and the bandwidth still hasn't reset.

I emailed The State's official website, and Michael Jann said it's some piece that mtv already owned... probably created by a music house. It was originally supposed to be O Fortuna, but they couldn't use that.

Anyways, if anyone thinks they can still help, then I'll email you the 37 second audio clip. It's 292 kb.

Thanks.