M&Ms

spartanike88

Reaction score
This new MM ad has all the mm swirling around like in a Kaleidoscope then in the end one of the red ones gets eaten by a guy, very nice mellow song playing in the background. anyone know what that one is? Thanks in advance

It is the song playing when the M and m's are in the bag looking much like a kaliedscope. It sounds very acoustic and old maybe a song by the guy who sings Pink Moon. I don't know, does anyone?

It's Such Great Heights, the acoustic version by Postal Service. It's featured on the Garden State soundtrack, and the non-acoustic version was recently in the promos for 'Grey's Anatomy'.

Correction, the accoustic version is actually a cover of the Postal Service version. The cover is performed by Iron and Wine. It's such a beautiful song, either version should make you happy, but the Iron and Wine one is the version used in the commercial

i personally like the Postal Service version betterm but the iron and Wine version is great to relax to

The song in this commercial reminded me of a song, but I don't know what. It's sung differently which is why I can't seem pin point the original song. This is all I know in term of this commercial... Sorry! If anyone can help, it is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-juju

This commercial uses "Such Great Heights" by Iron & Wine (track 11). That song is also done by The Postal Service (track 2). Maybe that's the version you are thinking about.

This commercial starts with a Kaleidascope effect of colorful m&m's coming at you, both the animated characters and actual m&m's. Then moves out to a guy eating a handful on a park bench, doing a crane shot lifting over the top of him, revealing a colorful pattern of the park he's sitting in.

The song sounds along the lines of Sufjan Stevens or Iron & Wine or something.

Just wondering if anyone had a title or performer?

I tried searching out m&m's but alas could not find anything.

Thanks,
Greg

Wow...A cover of the song by The Postal Service? or the Other way Around? I guess I'll have to get me that Garden State Soundtrack...even though I have so many of the songs already on their respective cd's....is that track available anywhere else? Maybe I'll just grab that & Colin Hay on ITunes.

Interestingly, I downloaded The Postal Service Version just yesterday, direct from the Sub Pop label website...check it out if you haven't already!

Thanks for the answer!

Greg

http://www.subpop.com/scripts/main/multime...a4734b7728f98fe

Hey, could somone tell me the artist and name of the song in the new M&M's commericial, where all these M&M's float past, and then there is some guy on a bench eating them, some of the lyrics are "I'm thinkin' it's a sign...". Thanks

There's some M&Ms commercial where you see all the candy and the colors swirling. And there's a guy eating them at the end. It's kind of short and has a male voice singing. It reminds me of something from Garden State.

I know that's REALLY vague. Ring a bell?

It's a song called "Such Great Heights" by a band called "Iron and Wine" and yo're right, it is one the Garden State soundtrack.

Back