Lost

I think the whole point of the flashbacks is to reveal the secret that The Others had a little town there and that some of the survivors were actually Others. I don't know if those thigns had been revealed before but this cements those facts into the plot.

I hope that makes sense tomrrow. :ph34r:

Originally posted by dascoot@Oct 6 2006, 10:18 PM
I think the whole point of the flashbacks is to reveal the secret that The Others had a little town there and that some of the survivors were actually Others. I don't know if those thigns had been revealed before but this cements those facts into the plot.

I hope that makes sense tomrrow. :ph34r:
it could possibly be that
another theorie i have is that they didnt really land on an island in the middle of nowhere but landed on an island where people lived and they had a civilization but they never realized it because maybe they hadnt made it that far into the island

How is that different from what I said?

edit: You mean that it was part of the mainland?

its not but i added something
the fact that the survivors hadnt discovered the village or the others because they handt made it that far into the island

what purpose do the hatches serve?

I didn't see the whole episode so I don't know about the hatches. What happened with them?

i dont know but the hatches where introduced and used in season 2 which i didnt see
i have no idea what they are or what they are there for

I think they'll give us a clue in season 49. :)

This flashed through my mind when I was watching the episode, was this island possible some sort of like zoo thing, kind of like Jurassic Park, and the hatches were used for maintinence.
And, it would be awesome if somebody found the lost island on Google Maps, its filmed in Hawaii I think.

Originally posted by Space Cataz@Oct 6 2006, 11:46 PM
This flashed through my mind when I was watching the episode, was this island possible some sort of like zoo thing, kind of like Jurassic Park, and the hatches were used for maintinence.
And, it would be awesome if somebody found the lost island on Google Maps, its filmed in Hawaii I think.
good theory
what if the others had something to do with an experiment gone wrong?
i doubt LOST was filmed in hawaii because there are no polar bears in hawaii(season 1)

it was?
wtf?
how did they have that polar bear scene in season 1?

LOST
check it out its the flashback to the pilot scene from the others point of view
whos that lady that takes care of jack?

Originally posted by cchs08@Oct 7 2006, 11:24 PM
it was?
wtf?
how did they have that polar bear scene in season 1?
They FILM it there, it's not SET there. There's no polar bears in Florida either but you can see some at Sea World. You're like, more confused than the average viewer.

good point about the polar bears at sea world
i have seen them before
and i got it now

Originally posted by Space Cataz@Oct 6 2006, 07:46 PM
Don't you remember the videos on the Dharma Initiative? The hatches were used to study 6 or 7 fields of science by a group of hippy like scientists in the late 70s/early 80s. Zoology was one of them, hence the cages, aquarium and polar bears. Electromagnetism was another, hence the hatch with the big ass magnet powerful enough to rip a plane out of the air.

We don't know the relationship of "The Others" to Dharma. Perhaps they are direct descendents, perhaps they were the test subjects of Dharma who rebelled. That's a big mystery of Season 3 which is supposed to be explored more.

They're supposed to kill someone off tonight. :ph34r:

Damn you all for killing one of my favorite characters!

*kneels before a broken Statue of Liberty*
Damn you all to HELL!!!!!!

Back