Lipton Iced Tea "Sun Water Leaf"

eekster

Reaction score
This song they play in the Lipton Iced Tea commercial where they talk bout Antioxidants is latched onto my brain. The Jesus and Mary Chain sounding riff is absolutely sicko. Can anyone identify this song or is it made by some in house commercial music artist?

Yeah, that commercial has a wicked track, wonder what it is, i don't have any leads other then it's a progressive guitar instrumental.

Originally, this is "Bleed Like Me" by Garbage. Great song. Those commercial guys just did something freakish to it.

Originally posted by Janey@May 12 2005, 12:01 PM
Originally, this is "Bleed Like Me" by Garbage. Great song. Those commercial guys just did something freakish to it.
I agree, it sounds really close to the chorus of the Garbage song... most likely another studio-produced "sound-alike" (example the recent Pantene ads).

You can hear an audio sample of the chrous from "Bleed Like Me," track 5.

Grr.. contact Lipton and they gave me the wrong information because they gave me information about the wrong ad!! booooo

I contacted them again and told them about the specific advertisement I was talking about. I will update if I get any response.

I think as Janey said though, that song may have been the original. This might be some type of remix for the commercial. I am just gonna contact just to see what kind of feedback I get. :eek:

I have not downloaded this song to check it, but here's the information I got from Lipton. "Interesting" album cover, if you happen to look for it.

Hi Mr. xxxxx,

We apologize for the delay in responding. We finally received the information
you requested.

The song in the Tea ad featuring the 'sun, water' and leaf' is titled "Maya"
and the artist is Baby Woodrose.

Thanks for your patience.

Your friends at Lipton

Originally posted by weezer76@Jun 5 2005, 04:53 PM
The song in the Tea ad featuring the 'sun, water' and leaf' is titled "Maya"
and the artist is Baby Woodrose.
Found the album, but no audio samples to confirm. <_<

I have Maya by Baby Woodrose and can definitely confirm it is the same song that is in Lipton's "Sun, Water, Leaf" commercial.

The song seems fairly popular in Europe--particularly Denmark. In fact, Danish music services ended up being the only places where I found this particular song for sale. You can listen to a sample or buy it off PayLoad for 10 Kr. (which is a little more than a $1)...so long as you can navigate the Danish store.

Back