Publix

From Consumer.Relations(at)publix.com --

"Thank you for sending your comments regarding our television commercial. We
always appreciate hearing from our customers, however, your note was
especially pleasant to receive. The music included in our recent commercial
is an original score specifically composed for the commercial."

/fume.

Here's some more information from Publix which is a little more illuminating:

The lyrics for the song used in the Mother's Day spot that began airing on Monday, 4/25 were written by Paul Brill. The original song was "Start It Again" from his album titled "Halve the Light." He wrote new lyrics just for our spot so you can't buy an album with those lyrics.

Listen to a sample of Start It Again.

Did anyone ever get an answer for this? I'm also looking for the song. It was used in a Vassarette Ad about 10 years ago. :)

There's a new Publix commercial for Mother's Day with different families of fathers and their kids cooking breakfast in the kitchens. The song playing in the background is this (here it gets vague) acoustic strummy Shins/Deathcab For Cutie/Bright Eyes kind of song, and I can't nail down who it is, even after Googling every clue I had.

I really was convinced it was The Shins, but after listening to (I guess) all their album clips, I can almost rule them out. Here; I'll web hum it;

...da da daa, for blah blah the light that shines between our eyes., da ba blahh blaaaah, something da da, and I know it's going to be okay, for the rest of our lives...

(In bold are the lyrics I'm pretty sure of)
Well, it's on TV every five minutes, but if anyone recognizes that song, it would rock.

Okay, the last line, as told to me who's seen the commercial too, is "...for all of our lives." More upbeat Elliot Smith-y kinda song... come on, anyone?

I wrote to Publix to ask about the song from their new Mother's Day commercial and this is the reply I received:

The lyrics for the song used in the Mother's Day spot that began airing on Monday, 4/25 were written by Paul Brill. The original song was "Start It Again" from his album titled "Halve the Light." He wrote new lyrics just for our spot so you can't buy an album with those lyrics.

Lyrics:
All our lives
it keeps us together
it's a feeling we hold inside
it's the light that keeps on shining in our eyes

And we share our favorite memories whenever
we look into each other's eyes
and we know, we're gonna be there
for the rest of our lives

And we share
these feelings forever
it's the moments that keep us tied
it's the song we sing to each other all of our lives

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Looking for the song featured in a current Publix ad. The song includes the lyrics " a/the light that keeps on shining" and another string of lyrics "keeps us together". I believe it's a male singer with an acoustic guitar or perhaps a "light" electric guitar. Thank you.

It features a person that works for Publix and then it goes into specials. The background is the music (it's insturmental.) It's probably from the early 90's, and I got off of an Orlando, FL station. Please Help!

Does anyone know the name of the instrumental song that was played on a Christmas commercial for Publix about 10 or 15 years ago ? It featured a person on a train going home to family in Florida. Thanks for any help. :)

Does anyone know of an instrumental song played on Publix commercials back in 1991?

There is a new Publix Ad that plays before trailers at the theater (I heard it at a Regal Cinemas if that helps). It has a girl that is going through her morning routine and it just repeats. It's has kind of an electronic folk sound with a female vocalist. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Thanks!

Last Train Home
by Pat Metheny Group
From the Album Still Life

It took me for ever to find it back when it first aired when I lived in Atlanta.

Even better - one day while shopping in Publix I purchased a CD they were selling called Publix - Fresh Beats with songs from there commercials of that time.

Songs on the CD are:

Last Train Home
Summer
In the Summertime
Sleep Walk
Revival
Montego Bay
Hold Tight (Want Some Seafood Mama)
Sentimental Journey
Letter From Home
The Home Fire
Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy

Just found it on Amazon from several of their "sellars" for around $3.50

Last edited:
Old Publix Commerical

Wondering if anyone remembers an old Publix Commercial approx 4 or 5 years ago. It was a family commercial with the music being a 60's (ish) upbeat song. Trying to find that song. I only caught part of it where the guy is singing "Say it loud" Whoa, oh oh oh oh oh oh ut ut oh. Not much to go on (smile).

Back