Lincoln Navigator jazz song

the Coldcut crew actually remixed the song to stick it in a mix, since it's incredibly hard to beat match it to any other song. It's what I do with most of my music when I mix, it's just too hard to make some songs smooth over into others without editing them.

I'm probably not gonna be much help on this one, but I keep hearing this sort of jazzy song everywhere, it was recently on a luxury car commercial, I'm thinking Infiniti but possibly not... it sounds like a Basement Jaxx remix with a little trumpet or clarinet solo at the beginning, sounding like a regular jazz song and then it launches into the song with a techno background. If I see the car commercial again I'll post it, thanks. Sounds likes something you hear when you walk into the Gap.

man i loved this song.ok.It was a tan navigator just driving around in the driver seat is a guy that looks like majic johnson (basketball player) I think it is him!!!.next to him is a girl.Majic sings blah blah blah the girl is laughing and at the very end they stop i think in front of a dock and the girl gets out.

plz help me

come on guys i badly wanna know this song i tried 100 times searching no use

plzzzzzzzzzzz for the toe!!!

Patience. Can you describe the song, more than "blah blah blah"? Did it have lyrics? What kind of music was it? Have you found the ad online and can post a link so others can watch it?

the song you may be refering to is a song by Mr. Scruff called get a move on. it's the one been used in most of the navigator commercials in different variations. it's lyrics are limited but it be it.

The song in the Navigator ads is by Mr. Scruff and is called "Get a Move On". However, it apparently is based on a song/sampled from a song by Moondog (aka Louis Hardin, aka the Viking of Sixth Avenue) called Bird's Lament, which was a tribute to Charlie Parker. I can't find the site I originally saw that gave more info on the link between the two, but just do a search on "Moondog music" or go to www.moondogscorner.de for a bio of a very interesting character. Here's about the best picture I've found:

http://therefrigerator.net/music/moondog1.html

I've not gotten to hear Bird's Lament, so I can't say how much of the tune Mr. Scruff kept. Theirs is a cool tune. They don't mention Moondog on the credits.

Help! Ok, here's the deal. I was watching a baseball game the other day and about three times during the game this Lincoln Navigator Commercial comes on. It's basically a commercial of a car driving, no people shown in it. In the background was an instrumental, which I immediately started humming along to, since I knew the song melody. Unfortunately, since no lyrics were sung, I have no clue what song this is. It's definitely a song from the 80's/New Wave a la OMD, Human League, etc. It's a ballady/synthpop song, and I have no idea. It's sad, I've actually emailed Lincoln about this. Has anybody else seen this commercial? (;_;) Thanks!

Oh, and it isn't Steppin' Out by Joe Johnson, "Get a Move On" by Mr. Scruff, or "Would You" by Touch & Go. *cry*

Finally, someone else who is looking for this song

I was 3-4 when i first heard this song while in a thrift shop. It brings back so many memories.

I will definately keep searching. :ph34r:

New Lincoln Commerical ... for all Lincoln models ... offering No Charge Power Moonroof.

Quite a rolling and driving beat - jazzy sax riff near the end.

Can anyone help?

... saw it on Canadian TV ... hope the promo is also south of the border such that someone knows what I'm talking about.

Thanx.

i was wondering if anyone knows who does the instrumental in the 2004 Lincoln Navigator commercial that starting airing about a week or so ago? any help would be very appreciated.

I know Mr. Scruff was the band for the earlier commercials with the song "get a move on" I thought I had heard a new remix of the same song used in newer commercials.

Hope this helps.

Mr. Scruff hasen't made any remixes of Get a move on.

Try looking on Google. I haven't seen the commercial, so I can't help too well.

Scruff didn't remix "Get A Move On", he put it together. It's a sampled piece that's based (damn near entirely) around Moondog's "Bird's Lament", which started out life as a tribute to Charlie Parker.

There's a clip up on Amazon.

For Canada-- the jazzy tune is by Mr. Scruff, "Get a Move On."

As for that other tune, it's the subject of many a message board. We'll keep Googling.

In 2003, Lincoln had 3 commercials for their navigator model. One shows a man taping the windows while waiting for someone. Another shows a man helping a woman into the car with his raincoat only to get soaked himself. Another shows a band in an abandoned building jamming together doing that song that's done on all the commercials. If possible, does anyone knowthe name of that song and the artists that were doing it??---Thanks very much------Dave

Back