Last Good Movie You Saw

But there's the issue of the kitchen exploding every time I go in there. :(

For the last time, nitroglycerin is NOT a good alternative for olive oil :angry:

Eww, I wouldn't cook with nitro, I'd stick it in the microwave! :P

I am Ken. Well, Kenneth actually but I'm still trying to decide which sounds least fagotty.

They're about the same, but I'd stick with Ken.

Belgium has 3 official languages: Dutch, French and for a very small part German. I speak Dutch.

I know, but don't you call it Flemish?

As for my country...

Belgium is a small meaningless country, and definitely silly, but even I must admit we are doing well in international affairs.

I'll have to take your word for it.

Originally posted by Scythe+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Scythe)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by capnmunch+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (capnmunch)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Belgians; they're the worst.[/b]

Well, we could always be American.[/b]

Then you wouldn't be the worst. Unfortunately for you, you're not American.

Originally posted by Scythe
Originally posted by capnmunch
The only thing they're good at is making chocolate and beer
Those are indeed our finest points.

That's why I said it. Oh, and you guys gave us the Smurfs and some old famous painter dudes too.

<!--QuoteBegin-Scythe
@
<!--QuoteBegin-capnmunch

Oh, and rolling over for an invading army.[/quote]
Our army is like a stealth plane: you don't see it anywhere but it's supposed to scare you.

However, I think it deserves far more respect for what we did in the world wars. If you look back at all the major operations, you'll find Belgian soldiers were involved in almost every one. I would also like to mention our Ardennes Offensive, where we held the Germans back for as long as we could to give the French time (and who loves the French?? I mean, the women there don't shave their armpits).

In fact, I personally knew a ww2 veteran. He got captured and escaped 3 times and just caught up with allies forces every time. He went from Belgium to Barcelona to Liverpool.
[/quote]

Yeah, didn't you, like, give us french fries?

As a final statement, I would like to remind you that there are more idiots in America cuz America is bigger.

Maybe, but you guys have us beat on a per capita basis.

I am Ken. Well, Kenneth actually but I'm still trying to decide which sounds least fagotty.

They're about the same, but I'd stick with Ken.
Thank you

Belgium has 3 official languages: Dutch, French and for a very small part German. I speak Dutch.

I know, but don't you call it Flemish?
Only when trying to impress Americans

As for my country...

Belgium is a small meaningless country, and definitely silly, but even I must admit we are doing well in international affairs.

I'll have to take your word for it.
Great!

Originally posted by Scythe+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Scythe)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by capnmunch+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (capnmunch)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Belgians; they're the worst.

Well, we could always be American.[/b]

Then you wouldn't be the worst. Unfortunately for you, you're not American. [/b]

Yea too bad. I would like to blow stuff up because my toe hurts, disallow gay marriage, remove any trace of social security and have a leader who looks like a monkey.

Originally posted by Scythe
Originally posted by capnmunch
The only thing they're good at is making chocolate and beer
Those are indeed our finest points.

That's why I said it. Oh, and you guys gave us the Smurfs and some old famous painter dudes too.
Some painter dudes?

<!--QuoteBegin-Scythe
@
<!--QuoteBegin-capnmunch

Oh, and rolling over for an invading army.

Our army is like a stealth plane: you don't see it anywhere but it's supposed to scare you.

However, I think it deserves far more respect for what we did in the world wars. If you look back at all the major operations, you'll find Belgian soldiers were involved in almost every one. I would also like to mention our Ardennes Offensive, where we held the Germans back for as long as we could to give the French time (and who loves the French?? I mean, the women there don't shave their armpits).

In fact, I personally knew a ww2 veteran. He got captured and escaped 3 times and just caught up with allies forces every time. He went from Belgium to Barcelona to Liverpool.
[/quote]

Yeah, didn't you, like, give us french fries?
[/quote]
Then why call em french fries? We may be stupid but we're not American.

As a final statement, I would like to remind you that there are more idiots in America cuz America is bigger.

Maybe, but you guys have us beat on a per capita basis.
You have just proven my point.

DISCLAIMER: If any Americans are offended by this post: sodoff. If you choose to invade my country, bring milk.

How do you say caricature in Dutch? :D I guess I didn't do a good job. :(

In all seriousness, I hope I didn't offend you with anything I said. I have nothing but love for Belgium and Belgians, and (in reality) I believe none of the things I said; well, except the part about the beer and chocolate. :ok: Yum.

Originally posted by capnmunch@Mar 21 2007, 11:58 PM
How do you say caricature in Dutch? :D I guess I didn't do a good job. :(

In all seriousness, I hope I didn't offend you with anything I said. I have nothing but love for Belgium and Belgians, and (in reality) I believe none of the things I said; well, except the part about the beer and chocolate. :ok: Yum.
:ok:

Hey, us Belgians aren't better than any others

(except perhaps americans)

Do you all get The Colbert Report over there? That's what I was aiming for.

Did you really think I was serious, or were you just playing along? It's so hard to tell sometimes. :unsure:

I watched that Tenacious D movie which I thought was going to be dumb but I actually liked it, good music and it was pretty funny. Its kinda like Team America where the music is key to its funnyness.

Originally posted by Scythe@Mar 21 2007, 03:49 PM
Oh, and rolling over for an invading army.
:lol: :lol: Ahhh, classic Ken.

:ph34r:
You should buy/rent the movie Seven Swords.

Losts of killing and the Chinese bad guy is some young bloodthirsty commander who stops @ nothing to have every living thing dead. Of course, until the good guys come and stop him.

Avoid any movie with Jackie Chan. Other than the Rush Hour movies and the films with Owen Wilson, all his serious movies are terrible. But I am excited about Rush Hour 3 coming soon.

:ph34r:

Equilibrium

This is a kick ass movie. If you like movies like The Matrix then you'll like this one. It has some of the best fighting scenes. Those who haven't seen it should check it out.

I just watched Stranger Than Fiction with Will Ferrell and I really liked it.....alot :D

Zodiac was the last good movie I have seen. Actually, it's probably the only good movie of '07 I've seen. It's a bit long, but I just love Fincher's attention to detail—definitely better than his last movie.

Is it anything like Black Dahlia? I was so disappointed with that one, I expected it to be about the actual crime but the murder itself was like an incidental.

Originally posted by dascoot@Mar 29 2007, 01:01 AM
Is it anything like Black Dahlia? I was so disappointed with that one, I expected it to be about the actual crime but the murder itself was like an incidental.
What have we learned?

Mixing characters from one story and the story of another is a bad idea.

Yea I was disappointed too

Originally posted by capnmunch@Mar 28 2007, 06:24 PM
Zodiac was the last good movie I have seen. Actually, it's probably the only good movie of '07 I've seen. It's a bit long, but I just love Fincher's attention to detail—definitely better than his last movie.
I liked Zodiac. I agree that it was a little too long though. For my fellow gore lovers out there, Hills Have Eyes 2 was pretty good. Lots of enjoyable squeamish moments. ;)

Back