A little more something about animals

how old is the ferret you have now?? What's his/her name? and how do you usuallyplay with him/her ? :) It's just interesting to know how others play ya know, maybe I can learn from it a little bit ;)

Sorry, must have missed this one. Her name is Casey and she's like 7 or 8. She's pretty old now. Well, we usually just let her out and just kind of pet her and stuff. The ferret we had before her was more tame so we could like hop around him and stuff and he would chase us and we'd pick him up and he'd lay in our laps and stuff.

Awww :)

too bad Freddy is too young and scared for that. For 2 days now, including today, I've been letting him run around in the house. in the downstairs hallway, and most of upstairs (we close all the rooms) but he has TONS of things to explore. We have a huge house so that's good. Only in my room when I start walking around he'll follow me, but that's 'cause of my feet I guess lol, he'll bite my socks :p but other than in my room, he'll run away and hide wherever he can. Last night when he was out pretty much aaall day he became a little tired and he ALMOST fell alseep as I was holding up against my chest as I was sitting at my computer, but then shortly after he began struggling again and wanted me to let him go :( Does it take long for a young ferret to get used to you? Less scared and what not?? And what are some good things to do (with him) so that he'll get tamer?

Awwwww :) just about a minute ago he was sooo tired, when I pick him up he's like very relaxed and dangly n' stuff when you pick him up, I put him on my lap, kinda folded him in half like he does in his hammock and then fell asleep!!! :D but after 10 minutes of his nappie time on my lap he wanted to play again :)

Sounds like he's starting to get used to you. I wouldn't sweat it. Every animal takes their own time to get used to people. Just keep giving him plenty of attention and you'll be fine. :)

Freddy and Tarry's first meeting :)

http://tinypic.com/e85190.jpg

F: "Hey Gus. Who's that you got there in your hand?"
Me: "Oh, this is my other friend, Tarangon. Or Tarry for short."
F: "Aaah ... "
T: "Hello there, Freddy. What's up."
F: "Nothing much I guess. Just chillin' in my bitchin' hammock Gus' mom made."
T: "Oh wow, nice ... nice. Well ... I'm just here with Gus, just walkin' on his hands again, ya know. It's all cool.
F: "Great ............ "
T: "Yeah ............"
F: "Well I guess I'll see you later 'cause I'm heading off to dreamland."
T: "Ah yes, me too, or .... if that's ok with you, Gus?"
Me: "Yeah sure, I'll put you back in the tank."
T: "K, cool. Well see you later Freddy."
F: "See ya."

http://tinypic.com/e85mxt.jpg

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Oct 3 2005, 07:32 AM
Aww, :wub: Freddy is so cute.
I know! He is!!! Everyone says that :)

Sometimes I dance with him. I turn up some music, put him on my lap, hold him up and control his front legs :lol: sometimes it looks so real :D Freddy's just like "what the hell, Gus?!" but he lets me lol. I should make a crappy webcam video of it .... all nice and lame.

:lol: That would be pretty funny. He's definately getting used to you then if he lets you do that! :)

Yeah I think he lets me handle him more often now. Like today, we played and we ran around and everything and for Freddy that's pretty tiring after a whole afternoon, so I sit at my computer and he comes into my room and I pick him up, lay him down in a comfy sleeping position (he's so lazy and weak, I can do whatever I can do to him lol) and he'll fall alseep on my lap :)

Aww, that's awesome. Keep it up. He sounds like he will be a great pet. :)

Tarry feels a little left out though :( but that's why I'm holding him now :) I can't wait to get my 2nd spider! :D

Back