Windows XP

Me and IE are perfectly happy together, except for that new tabbing bullshit it's putting me through, plus it rearranged my header icons which sorta pissed me off, but we go way back and I'm old and set in my ways.

Incidently I just woke up from a nap and Scythe and capnmunch and Garret and a few of you other younger guys were in it. :blink:

Originally posted by dascoot@Apr 2 2007, 11:03 PM
Me and IE are perfectly happy together, except for that new tabbing bullshit it's putting me through, plus it rearranged my header icons which sorta pissed me off, but we go way back and I'm old and set in my ways.
IE is evil. It stole everything from other stuff. But I don't feel like unleashing all my hatred at once so I'll wait a while.

Incidently I just woke up from a nap and Scythe and capnmunch and Garret and a few of you other younger guys were in it. :blink:
Dare I ask...

Yeah maybe but I liked it best when it DIDN'T have tabbing and all that bullshnizz.

Isn't there a way to unload an earlier version, like with AIM?

I'm sure there is, but I've gotten used to the new setup now. *shrug* Except the tabbing. So I just don't use it. ;)

Raaanch! ^_^ When I reformat maybe I'll use that. Thank you! :wub:

Ranch ^_^ I'm not sure if there's a different version without the tabbing but that's the one I have and definitely no tabbing. :eek:k:

Tabbing is one of my favorite things about Firefox, you don't have to open a bunch of windows. Yes, I do know that other browsers have tabs.

I do both. I usually have at least two windows open with at least one tab each. :rolleyes:

I don't see it as extra work, it keeps my task bar cleaner. And if I want to resume my work later I can click Bookmark All Tabs, it's so convenient.

*shrug* I'd rather have everything laid out in front of me so I can see what I have instead of having to go to each browser and click through each tab. Plus I'm a big multitasker and I still never have a problem with taskbar clutter. But then I don't have much in my quick start or system tray either.

Originally posted by dascoot@Apr 3 2007, 03:34 PM
*shrug* I'd rather have everything laid out in front of me so I can see what I have instead of having to go to each browser and click through each tab. Plus I'm a big multitasker and I still never have a problem with taskbar clutter. But then I don't have much in my quick start or system tray either.
:huh: Wait what? Each browser? There is only one firefox. Ctrl+T new tab, its pretty easy. Why do you hate firefox?

I think she means each browser window. Like if you have two or three Firefox windows open and each of 'em have several open tabs. You need to switch between the windows instead of having it visible in the taskbar.

Oh, well that's different, I always make sure that all my tabs are in one Firefox window.

With the amount of work arounds and "Hacks" I've had to do to make websites and web applications compatible with IE... I will never use that blue hell spawn.

I'd rather use Safari before I go back to IE... and Safari isn't even a real browser.

Firefox FTW!

Really? I guess I'm just old and boring because none of the websites I go to require any fancy newfangled browser gadgetry. But then being so old I'm also set in my ways, and I've learned to adapt to many a new feature but tabs just rub me the wrong way. The concept of multiple browsers just makes sense in my head, I can relate it to something in real life, like sitting at a table with several different projects in their own separate piles in front of me.. as opposed to having everything filed into one folder that I need to keep opening back up and searching through every time I minimize to my deskstop to open a new program or whatever.

Back