Windows XP

Space Cataz

Pro Member
Reaction score
Hey, if Microsoft says that one's computer is not genuine but other computers owned by the same person contain a licensed version, is there a way that one can take Internet Explorer 7 from those computers and like using copy or something, put it on the not genuine computer? And even better, license the computer to the same key on another of that owner's Windows computers.

There are ways of getting the validation to work, but those methods are of questionable legality. If interested just do a google search.

If you own other computers that don't have that problem you could contact microsoft. They always throw keys around and with Vista just being launched I wouldn't be surprised if they offered to send you 70 xp discs.

What I would do is, forget IE7, stick with IE6 and get firefox.

I use Firefox always, just saying it would be nice to have Internet Explorer 7.
Oh, does anybody know how to get YTMNDs to play on Firefox? I've tried downloading Quicktime again, but it didn't work.

Originally posted by Space Cataz@Mar 9 2007, 08:33 PM
I use Firefox always, just saying it would be nice to have Internet Explorer 7.
Oh, does anybody know how to get YTMNDs to play on Firefox? I've tried downloading Quicktime again, but it didn't work.
IE7 is useless, use opera to watch ytmnds.

There is no use in getting IE7, it's a rip off of FireFox and a little to late.

It still has bugs in it that annoy the piss out of me and as a Developer making 'Hacks' to ensure a web application works in IE has permanently made me a Firefox fan.

Just use FireFox. It's Free, It's Open Source.

Opera is not bad either... but still a few quirks.

YTMND I thought those were Flash files in which case you'd want Adobe Flash player not quicktime.

I could be wrong... haven't visited the site much.

Originally posted by dascoot@Mar 12 2007, 04:17 AM
Nah ah, they're gifs or jpegs with some kinda sound loop.
should work on any browser

They are animated gifs and ytmnd does work with firefox it just takes longer for some reason.

When it loads in flash it works, but when its just a picture it doesn't. I remember I once downloaded a plugin that made all ytmnds work, but it doesn't work any more for some odd reason.

That flash thing isnt actual flash, its just a script they wrote to delay everything for syncing purposes.

LOL.........I haven't use I.E for a long time. Long live Firefox!

Yeah it does. Technically. It's sorta like Outllook Express or the terminally unemployed. The fact that no one uses them doesn't mean they aren't there. :p ;)

Back