TV shows you hate

Originally posted by jffodom@May 16 2007, 01:09 PM
So in my opinion, TV shows with a fantasy base and an unrealistic story line and plot can not be good or withstanding.

There have been "fairly" successful sci-fi shows like Star trek and Galactica and other Outer Space based programs. However, when you compare their running duration and seasons to the realistic genres, they pale in comparison.

But again, to each his own...opinions vary.
Your opinion falls short of the reality that you claim to be the best entertainment.

While reality based programs are indeed the longest running you fail to mention these shows in your opinion of what's "good or withstanding." They are shows with the words News or Sports in them. After that you have the some of daytime soaps which you also fail to mention and are about as unrealistic as it gets.

The shows that you do mention are among the most popular currently running. Pointing out their unrealsitic plots and wondering why they endure serves only to make it obvious how out of sync you are with the status quo. Not necessarily a good or a bad thing...... just an obvious thing.

MOST people seek the escape of fantasy as entertainment because their lives are filled to overflowing with reality and as for the newer genre of reality based programs the real attraction there is the same morbid curiosity that causes people to slow at an accident.

I really wonder about you sometimes but only for a minute and then I move on. :p

:ph34r:
Yes, these shows about "real" life like Law and Orders and CSIs are losing alot of steam and running out of ideas. I mean, how many types of murders and killers can there be?

If Heros is starting over with a new plot and characters then that is just a sad attempt to keep it interesting and viewable. If this is true, then that tells me that NBC does not have confidence in its original format and characters and sees change as a way to keep the current "surge" of viewers now.

Yeah well..........welcome to the realityof network programing.

Like our good friend Homer said: Life is just a series of disappointments until you wish Flanders were dead.

So we have fantasy to escape from reality.

Well, that and short attention spans.

Ooh, new tv-guide is here.

Originally posted by givemfitz@May 16 2007, 05:51 PM
While reality based programs are indeed the longest running you fail to mention these shows in your opinion of what's "good or withstanding."

I really wonder about you sometimes but only for a minute and then I move on. :p

I only watch TV in the evenings and I am very picky. So these are the best and withstanding programs on Television. In my opinion.

NOVA
Secrets of the Dead
Criminal Minds
The Unit
Shark
Globe Trekker
Rick Steve's Travels in Europe
L'arts et Speciales (CCTV)
NCIS

"givemfitz".....I in no way need to be "in sync with the status quo". As I said earlier...these posts are created and driven by opinions. It is my correct and entitled opinion to not like those unrealistic shows even if they are the most popular currently running. If most people seek refuge from REAL life by watching fantasy programs....then more power to them because they have alot of choices.

No need to ever worry about Ninja...he will be just fine.

Originally posted by jffodom@May 16 2007, 01:56 PM
Yes, these shows about "real" life like Law and Orders and CSIs are losing alot of steam and running out of ideas. I mean, how many types of murders and killers can there be?

If Heros is starting over with a new plot and characters then that is just a sad attempt to keep it interesting and viewable. If this is true, then that tells me that NBC does not have confidence in its original format and characters and sees change as a way to keep the current "surge" of viewers now.

Well if you watch the show you'd know that this season either ends with New York exploding and everyone dies or they save the city and it's a happy ending.

Originally posted by jffodom@May 16 2007, 03:16 PM

I only watch TV in the evenings and I am very picky. So these are the best and withstanding programs on Television. In my opinion.

NOVA
Secrets of the Dead
Criminal Minds
The Unit
Shark
Globe Trekker
Rick Steve's Travels in Europe
L'arts et Speciales (CCTV)
NCIS

I like the Rick Steves program but the CBS crap can go die. You should check out another PBS show called FRONTLINE. Try it. You might like it. This is my challenge to you.

The bottom line is that shows that shouldn't exist don't for long because people don't watch them. If they appeal to a large enogh group then they will remain on the air no matter what NINJA or anyone else thinks. ;)

I no longer watch MTV or VH1 and haven't for a long time but someone does or they wouldn't be there. :p

TV is so dying for me. The next step for many people is a game like world of warcraft, though I don't see you guys as the type who would like that

except perhaps staci

Network Tv is pretty dead for me with the exception of House, Greys Anatomy and Heroes. Greys is starting to get old.
Mostly watch movies, a couple of things on SciFi & Spike, Hist & Disc channels, Adult Swim, some sports, The Daily Show & Colbert Report.............yada yada yada

Ummmmm won't be heading for WOW anytime soon. :p

Well I only watch dvd's on my computer now

I'm begging for Stargate Atlantis season 4, and tonight I should be getting the new Battlestar Galactica which I'm curious about.

Other than that I just watch films

Originally posted by Scythe@May 18 2007, 02:09 AM
TV is so dying for me. The next step for many people is a game like world of warcraft, though I don't see you guys as the type who would like that

except perhaps staci
You know it! :peace: :nerd:

Originally posted by drizzt_fan14+May 16 2007, 02:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (drizzt_fan14 @ May 16 2007, 02:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jffodom@May 16 2007, 01:56 PM

Well if you watch the show you'd know that this season either ends with New York exploding and everyone dies or they save the city and it's a happy ending. [/b][/quote]
Okay never mind :lol: Did anyone else watch the season finale last night?

I'm watching it right now. Please don't tell me they did a cliffhanger.

No one watched Heros because they were too busy watching 24 and Jack Bauer in a boring 2 hour finale.

Even with 24 being as boring as it was, it still was better than Heros. And I did not even watch Heros.

The plot for Heros obviously must have the "good guys" winning. Why watch something that we all know will turn out with the bad guy losing, dying or being handicapped in some fashion only to return in some later episodes?

Atleast 24 leaves some imagination as to what will happen to Jack Bauer and what the next "day" will bring. We can all make educated guesses as to what will happen on Heros.

Sorry Guys.

:mellow: Jack Bauer has been doing it for 6 season

And how can you tell heros is boring if you haven't seen it? :ph34r:

Back