So You Think You Can Dance Season 2

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the song that played at the end of tonight's Do You Think You Can Dance. It was a disco type tune, and the only lyrics I got were:

Dance
only thing that I can do is
Dance

Sorry I wasn't fast enough to get more lyrics. The song played as the 20 finalists were named.

Thanks!

Hi Soulbro,

I think you're talking about "Magaienha" by Sergio Mendes. Listen to a sample of it at Amazon:
Dance With Me. It's the first song.

Hope that's the one.

;)

There was a girl who danced to the funk song that goes something like, "I want to put on, my my my my my funky shoes." What's the song, and who sings it? Thanks.

sorry, i noticed it had been posted earlier. found it: "boogie shoes" by k.c. & teh sunshine band

Hello
I was wondering if anybody knew the name of the remix that was on the last episode of So You thin you can dance. The guy dancing to it was doing the foxtrot. I know the song was James BRown "Get up offa that thing" and the orignal song played for a bit then the remix came on it was at a slightly faster tempo.

Thanx

I think you're talking about Benji -- the guy who did the western swing with his cousin. You're right, that was James Brown's "Get Up Offa That Thing," but I'm not sure it was a remix. I think the song was just played a bit faster than normal. When I used to dance, we used to speed up or slow down songs to match the routine we choreographed. I could be wrong, but so far I haven't found any remixes for that tune.

did anyone catch the name of the song that was playing by the couple who danced 7th? the couple was heidi and ryan and they did a slow song..

does anyone know the song that the first couple danced to?? like an upbeat hip-hop song???

I don't know that one yet, but if someone's looking, could you please find the song that Erin & Stanislav danced to as well? I will post if I find out sooner.

Originally posted by middleborn@Jun 15 2006, 01:03 AM
I don't know that one yet, but if someone's looking, could you please find the song that Erin & Stanislav danced to as well? I will post if I find out sooner.
"Malaguena" by Manhatten Pop Orchestra

Originally posted by brookiecookie@Jun 14 2006, 08:43 PM
does anyone know the song that the first couple danced to?? like an upbeat hip-hop song???
ditto.... plus lookin for the other hip hop couple song too thx

Originally posted by brookiecookie@Jun 15 2006, 12:43 AM
"2 Much Booty (In da Pants)" by Soundmaster T (Amazon) ()

Originally posted by leone+Jun 15 2006, 01:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leone @ Jun 15 2006, 01:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-brookiecookie@Jun 15 2006, 12:43 AM
"2 Much Booty (In da Pants)" by Soundmaster T (Amazon) () [/b][/quote]
You beat me to it! We used to do a routine to this song. I remember hearing it last night thinking that I bet someone posts about this song. :lol:

Back