Portable Music Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gussler

Pro Member
Reaction score
My birthday's comin' up soon and I wondered, since I wanted to get some kind of MP3 player, what is best kind you can get? What do you prefer? I looked at the iPod Nano and though, well, it's cheap and as long as it plays music I'm happy. Tonight I'm going out to check some mp3 players out. So what do you prefer? or ... what is simply the best? Thanks

just from personal experience, iPods are the best for memory capacity, the Nano is the most versatile. lots like the nano cuz it is easier for the gym and stuff, but i think the iPod isnt really an inconvenience, it just depends on how many songs you want to carry with you. for me the nano doesn't hold enough.

there are cheaper mp3 players like Creative Zen makes their own model called Nano but i figure if you are gonna buy an mp3 player, might as well get your top choice since it will last a while (or should).

if you want the tiniest thing possible i did see some weird mp3 player called the mobile-blu or something like that. it is this little cube type deal.

i have owned 3 ipods.
pros:
they are the industry standard:
integration with iTunes, the best online store: now that they have videos, and podcasts, a huge plus.
the most intuitive of all interfaces.
easy use as a backup device, because it shows up as a drive.
lots of accessories available;
good battery life.
cons:
some what pricey, when comparing features.
batteried typically last 18 months, and you have to send it back to get a new battery..

i had to send back two of my iPods because of defects, although that may be a random occurance. just yesterday i send my 3 month old one...

imho, the only nearest competition is the iRiver H10. They look cool, and have lots of extra features for same size and lesser price: built in FM tuner, with recording, voice recording, line-in jack recording, so you can record live performance, tv, etc directly as mp3. a friend of mine records lectures and send them to classmates...

Originally posted by Donutos@Nov 17 2005, 08:11 PM
it just depends on how many songs you want to carry with you. for me the nano doesn't hold enough.
same for me. started with a 512 mb played, moved on to a 2gig, 6gig, each time thinking, this should be plenty memory! eventually I realized, the whole point is to have ALL your music wherever you go. I'll remember a song, and then realize that I don't have it with me and get frustrated. You always crave a song you DON'T have on you.. :) then they started the podcasts, which now I'm addicted to. :rolleyes:
get the one which can carry all your songs...

Gus! Gus! It's my birthday today, can I have an iPod?

God I'm dizzy. :sick:

Well actually I was at Future Shop today :) and those Nanos are AWESOME :D ! ! !! I'm REALLY getting one for my bornday!!!! and a pair of nice shoes too :) I was playing with the Nano there lol, kinda going through all the pics, songs and other things, even games!!! :D so cool ... yes I am getting one!!! 250 CAD for 2 gig, 300 CAD for 4 gig and they also have a 6 gig??? but I didnt see that one, but im getting the 2 gig one, I mean .... say if all songs were 5mb, then you could somwhat store 400 songs ..... well I dont have that many haha :p HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL MEL!!!

and andy ... get uuhm ..... get a Masterbational Turbo Tickler 3.0

Read my signature. It's worth guessing.

I should give some kind of a party on my birthday or something. I'll order a bunch of hot tubs .... some super cool snack packs for everybody, some sodas and juices :) oh yeah, and I can actually arrange some private Playboy mates for aaall of you. Especially me :)

I want my own hot tub and some carmel Snack Packs and make mine a Coke For Color and I'll take 3 Playmates. :)

K deal. I got that all ready for you .... Melissa.... meet Ginger, Candy, and Gussly, your three private playmates. Coke's in the lil Koolbox next to your very own tub and the snacks are on the lil table on the other side of the tub .... Enjoy

and yay I ask mommy if we could celebrate my bday on Sunday since Monday's a shitday haha, I told her that lol. And yeah! woohoo.

Ughhhhhhhhh today is Hungover Day. OH AND HARRY POTTER!!!!

It starts in an hour it starts in an hour1!!

Hey Gus you should take lots of pictures of your party. You're gonna be 18, yes? :naughty:

Mm hmm, that's why I'ma stay over there with my red carpet for another year or so. -->

Wanna come over this Sunday, Mel? :) I'm gonna hang out with some friends on my "early birthday". You should come!! But you CANNOT touch ANY of my new toys, sorry.

Yay I get to be the creepy old lady hanging out with the teenagers! Just like my brother's birthday party all over again! :woo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back