House Season 1

For those who have seen House tonight, does anyone know what the song is that is played during the Lacrosse scene at the end of the show? It's a slow jazz song with a woman singing something that sounds like "You've got to learn" as the hook of the song. She repeats it several times throughout the song, but slurs it in a way that makes me wonder if she really is saying what I think she's saying. I'd like to hear it again, but because of the difficulty hearing the lyrics, I'm not certain if I got them right.

Does anyone know of the song? I posted it in this thread because it's House related, and not of such extreme importance that clogging this forum with yet another thread is necessary.

hellodoes anyone know who sings the song played on house. its the episode where they talk about how he got his leg messed up and hes teaching a class and in teh end he is watching soccer and theres a song playing its kinda slow ita a woman sining and some of the words are "years may go by" ?? thanx!

Does anyone know about the piano music that always plays during a sad dramatic moment on house? I know ive heard before from about a dozen other movie.

Anyone know what im talking about?

does anyone know the music in the opening scene in last night's repeat episode of "detox" on House?

There appears to be quite a few composers for the show. The Internet Movie Database lists the following names:

Jason Derlatka
Jon Ehrlich
Christopher Hoag
Cody Westheimer

My guess is much of the "sad" music you are hearing is by Jon Ehrlich. I've heard much of his music, due to his composing for many shows created by the Fox network, including Tru Calling (season two), The Mountain, North Shore, Time Of Your Life, Party Of Five, and Roar.

Ehrlich's music on House seems to be predominantly piano-based, which I love. It often reminds me of the work of Thomas Newman, who is famous for the scores from American Beauty, Pay It Forward, Road To Perdition, The Shawshank Redemption, as well as many others, also utilizing the piano to great extent.

I hope this was helpful. -John

Yea shawshank redemption!! thats the one thanks i guess he must be the man! lol thanks alot

I just went to cdnow.
and looked newman up and this song.

Thats exactly the type of piano music im talking. I could find any on the guy but i guess your right on the money

Does anyone know the song used in the intro of house on fox? t s a pano and the capton says t s "new age" musc.

If I'm not mistaken, you can find this song (Teardrop - Massive Attack) on one of the "Pure Moods" albums if you're looking to buy. It's not the first one. :)

Portishead also remade the song "Teardrops" as well, so you can find the same song from them.

In Australia, theres this commercial for this episode (The Socratic Method) of the tv show "House" and on the comercial it has a song but i dont know what it is. I thought maybe you guys could help me. After watching ti tonight i will see if it plays in the episode but i doubt it. I have already looked at the other "House" topics and i listened to the sample music but it didnt ring a bell. :) Try to help pls.

I think the song says something like "Now that im naked...and someone is breaking" or soemthing like that..

I forget the actor's name but she is the one that House is "in love with"?? and she goes to his apartment to say she quits before he has to fire someone. The song that is played has a male voice saying something like "we can stay or say good bye....begin or end....." something like that but not those words exactly.......

Wow. Not a very helpful query, is this? The song is very simple, with a slow rhythm ... I just saw a bit of a re-run tonight and heard the song. I think this episode aired last season.

If anyone has any idea (of what I'm talking about!) Thanks!!!!! if you don't, thanks for reading this........

:blush:
60s..............babe...........

THANK YOU! Leone!

Wow. fast answer! and even from my sketchy description, ya got it....and it looks like two other people were wondering too. Earlimart's Treble & Tremble cd looks interesting.
guess we all like the same music.............

Thanks again. I would never have found it. :blink: honest!!!!

60s...yada........... yada............

Anybody know the name of the song that was playing at the end of the Love Hurts Episode of House?

The title of the episode is babies and bathwater (from season 1). It aired on 04/19/05. The song is played at the end of the show. I will post shortly some lyrics.

Back