House Season 4

The guitar riff playing during the opening scene when the drag racer is prepping for the race, and during, before credits roll?

What song did House play in tonight's episode when announcing the firings? It was acoustic guitar with no lyrics. Any clues?

I'm looking for it, too. He said that Jimmy Quid or Jimmy Brewzowski (excuse my spelling, that's how it sounded) made it during the 70's I think.

I think it was done for the show because House mentioned that the song was composed by the patient (Quid) when he was a kid.

No, this was a song by Jimi Quidd. I found his name online. It was the song that House started playing on the old recorder...

Yes, I believe you are correct. I found out today who Jimi Quidd is. Hmmm... someone on the House message boards said they thought it was Donovan's 'Colours.'

Here's the Fox song listings for the ep:

"Nicotine Caffeine" - Alan Milman Sect + Man-Ka-Zam
"Kicked Out" - Pussy Galore
Hugh Laurie piano composition
Hugh Laurie guitar composition
"Spirit In The Sky" - Norman Greenbaum

The patient's stage name is Jimmy Quid according to the recap from Fox's House M.D. web site. Seems pretty obvious to me.

And Jimmy Hatzidimitriou..... "[Brewzowski (excuse my spelling)]" :p .... uses the stage name Jimi Quidd.

Curiouser and curiouser. :confused:

Anyway.......I saw that episode so long ago that I can't remember enough to say anything with any certainty. Just putting the info out there.

However, I would be taking a hard look at the Hugh Laurie guitar composition if I really wanted to know.

The song played during HOUSE with the crazy alt rock soound was Pussy Galore's "Kicked Out" from the CD "dial 'M' for Mother Fucker". I was unable to figure what the song was he played near the end when her was firing candidates.

I think the thread that pulls it all together is House's realization that Quidd's music intentionally avoids all the right notes. I think he deduces that Quidd must know the right notes in order to avoid them. Besides, why would he go to the trouble to play music to the contestants that was completely unrelated.

What I find hard to believe is no more House until January...

Back