Desperate Housewives Season 1

I am desperately seeking the title of the song that was played over and over for the premiere episode of Desperate Housewives. It is not the Suzanne Vega or Jem song. It's an upbeat song that has the word "something" in it. I've searched for hours online and have come up with zilch. Can anybody help me from wasting my holiday vacation in front of the computer monitor?

Aarg, I heard this song on the new desperate housewives commercial and then I heard it on the commercial for the movie Closer.. It sounds like a new wave song. It is driving me nuts... Can anyone help...

Thanks
MC

To clear things up:

Ads for JC Penny and Desperate Housewives used the Nikka Costa song: "Everybody Got Their Something" (audio sample available at Amazon.com)

Recent ads for the movie Closer and another ad for Desperate Housewives both are currently using the Jem song: "Come On Closer" (Audio sample available at Amazon. Also available for download from )

I have the Jem song Come On Closer. Just looking for Nikka Costa and/or Stagga Lee. I checked it out on Amazon, but I don't want the whole album. Thanks.

before the show desperate housewives began and they were giving the previews

i dont know the song name or singer of what was being played during the preview

i think it went like "come on closer" and then " sweet temptation"

thanksss

Originally posted by mercedes420@Sep 30 2004, 05:32 PM
The song in the preview for desperate housewives is sung by a girl, and she is saying something about sweet sensation or temptation! Please Help!
That song with the lyrics sweet sensation is Jem's "Come on Closer." I think this has already been mentioned earlier in the thread; this song was also used in the trailers for Closer.

Are you talking about the rock song with the heavy percussion in the beginning? I also had trouble figuring out the song because of the mumbled lyrics. The song is "Slow Ride" by Foghat. Its a classic rock song, and its great! It was also used around the same time in a Hardy's commercial with a woman eating the new thickburger while riding a mechanical bull....GREAT commercial...haha....

There is only one foghat album on iTunes, and it doesn't have this track on it.

LYRICS:
Woo!

Slowride, take it easy
REPEAT THREE TIMES

I'm in the mood
The rhythm is right
Move to the music
We can roll all night

Oooh Slowride
Oooh

Slowride, take it easy
REPEAT

Slow down, go down, got to get your lovin' one more time
Hold me, roll me, slow ridin' woman you're so fine

Woo!

I'm in the mood
The rhythm is right
Move to the music
We can roll all night

Oooh

Slowride, take it easy
REPEAT

Slowride, easy, slowride, sleazy
REPEAT

Hold me, roll me, slow ridin' woman you're so fine

Slowride, take it easy
REPEAT

Slow down, go down, slow down, go down

Come on baby
Take a slowride on me
Come on baby
Take a slowride

Feels so good, Feels good, Come on baby
Feels good, Feel allright

You know the rhythm is right
We gotta rock all night
REPEAT TWO TIMES

Whoa, rock all night

Woo! Woo!

Your flamin' heart
REPEAT THREE TIMES

Woo! Woo! Woo!

Slowride

Originally posted by Twix@Nov 9 2004, 12:08 AM
The first song is The Blowers Daughter by Damien Rice
Is "The Blower's Daughter" featured in a car commercial? I just have this vision of a some people in a VW with the sunroof open to the stars.

Please help.

Thanks.

EDIT: The VW ad is Nick Drake's Pink Moon. But, I wonder if Damien Rice's song is used anywhere else.

Originally posted by sophist@Apr 20 2005, 05:29 PM
It's PINK MARTINI's cover of the Doris Day classic Que Sera Sera.

Also used as the theme for the TV series 'Dead Like Me'.
:blink: Steph, I didn't realize you were a recording star!!! Whooooooooooo!!!!! You sly young lady you!

Desperate Housewives: It's always on when it shows next week's clips. It's a seductive song, and a woman sings it. It sounds like a 70's song, kind of.

Back