Desperate Housewives Season 1

Since I haven't seen the commercial, I'm just throwing this out there--could it be Bach's Suite for solo cello No. 1 in G major, BWV 1007 Prelude? You can listen to it here: Amazon.com

It's the first sample.

can anyone tell me the name of the song played during the commercial promoting the new show desperate housewives or the group that sings the song? Thanks I appreciate it!! :D

I checked the other topics, but they are asking about different songs in the commerical. None are refering to the cello piece. :rolleyes:

I would not be suprised, listening to the auido clip, if what I am looking for is something written by Bach. I am not sure it is the piece you are referring to. I will have to buy the CD to find out. Thanks for the idea!

I heard the Desperate Housewives commercial the other night, and I would LOVE it if someone could help me out and tell me what song is playing during that ad. The song was also used on... I think a Mitsubishi commercial... for the Endeavor I think, anyways, the lyrics have something like... "you've got that somethin'...." in it, it's kind of a electronica/techno mix I guess you could say... anyone know what it is? Thanks!

haha, thanks, yeah, i was kind of expecting that, but im extremely new... so... ya know, lol

Ooops. I missed your post somehow. Glad it was right.

I've just seen another ad for this series using "Little Green Bag" by George Baker Selection in case anyone is looking.
I don't think it's come up before.

Is that actually the song you were looking for? Because the one you're describing sounds much more like the song I'm wondering about. It's not by Jem. It sounds much more like what you're describing...jazzy...kind of sounds like Macy Gray. Anyone have any idea what this song is?

Did you search our Forums? There have been several answers given on various ads for the show.

Originally posted by michelle@Sep 13 2004, 09:31 AM
Did you search our Forums? There have been several answers given on various ads for the show.
no I didn't, thanks. I'm new here lol

thanks for the info...my roommate and I the ad and news junkies were going nuts and now we can finally stop the search!

I'm trying to figure out the song from the series premier ad for ABC's new show desperate housewives. The song is currently used in another ad as well, but for something totally different (I don't remember) I tried their website, not helpful. any help appreciated.

WVU

Did you try searching our Forums? There have been several other topics asking about music from the various ads, you might find your answer in one of those.

If you don't find it in a previous topic, can you describe the song you're looking for? Genre/type of music, lyrics, male/female vocals, etc...

the song youre talking about is most definitely "Everybody Got Their Something" by Nikka Costa. its used in the JCPENNY ad as well as the Desperate Housewives trailer. shes awesome, its a shame she only put out 1 album.

I absolutely adore Nikka Costa!
Actually Nikka Costa has had another cd out before "Everybody got their something" But it is super hard to come by. She only released it overseas. I managed to grab a copy off ebay via a record store in Australia.
Its called: "Butterfly Rocket" and its really great.
She had one coming out this October but it was pushed back to early 2005.
it is titled: Can'Tneverdidnothin
Hope this helps! :D

~la

Back