Desperate Housewives Season 1

What is the song they have for the previews for the new show desperate house wives?

The song in the preview for desperate housewives is sung by a girl, and she is saying something about sweet sensation or temptation! Please Help!

:D :D :D THANK YOU! i found it. JEM - Come on Closer! thank you again! I'm new so I didn't know about the search but now I do! :p

It seems like a couple of months now,that they have been using various snippets from "Livin Thing" by ELO.In one preview they used a complete verse through the first chorus.
With "Mr Blue Sky" being ever popular - now featuring as the Openiong theme for NBC's "LAX",perhaps Electric Light Orchestra will get mopre royalties if "Livin Thing" does remain as the main theme on ABC's new Sunday night drama

the problem of figuring out what the song and singer for the 'Desperate Housewives' ads was made more complicated AFTER they started having that second Macy Gray-ish Nikka Costa song in place of the Jem one. I was confused and couldn't figure out what the dreamy jazzy song was either and I just kept finding people telling me it was Nikka Costa. Thank god for this message board. I now know its Jem. :D

Originally posted by RyanL@Aug 20 2004, 10:46 AM
My understanding is that the song is called "Come On Closer" by Jem. I figured I'd contribute since you all helped me identify that damn JCPenny song.

EDIT: After listening to the song, it is definitely Jem - Come on Closer
are you talking about the JC Penney commercial for the Back To School Sale

it's Stagga Lee - Rock Your Body

sad thing is I called the JC Penney 1-800 # then they gave me Corporates # and I called that and talked to marketing to find out that song *lol*

at least I'm persistent

This song aired in the commercials like a week ago.

It was a rock song and the lyrics were kinda like "so right, take it easy" or something to that extent..

Does anyone know what song that is?

There are several threads on various ads for the show -- did you try searching our Forums?

Did you find your answer? Or do we still need to help you out?

Nah, didnt find it.

It's not one of the slow songs sung by a girl, it's a rock song... and not by a girl either.

All the songs other people were looking for were those slow ones like I mentioned.

It was in a commercial like 2 weeks ago maybe?

The lyrics were something like "So right, take it easy" something that sounded like that...

there's this song that before the season of desperate housewives began, and it was a teaser in a way. It played this very slow song with a woman's voice...I also noticed that it was in julia robert's new movie. can you help me find it??

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_picture...oser/large.html
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/closer/index.html
Is her new movie "Closer"

There is a slow song that starts in the trailer right about the time Julia says "Good" about 1/3 of the way in and plays to the end.

Sounds a little bit like Suzanne Vega's voice with a Summer Samba type song.

[EDIT - information added after a bit more searching]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376541/board/...d/nest/12789396
Music in the trailer
The first song is The Blowers Daughter by Damien Rice
the second song is Caramel by Susan Vega.

---
So I was right, it was Suzanne Vega.

I've been wondering about this one too! It isn't the Suzanne Vega song, cause I don't think it's the one from the trailers. It's being played on the current tv spots for Closer, and it was also played on the promos for Desperate Housewives.

EDIT: Never mind! Found some threads about it in the movies section. It was Jem- Come on Closer

What's that song? Girl singing, eerie melody. It's used on the Desperate Housewives "everybody has a little dirty laundry" commercial, then I heard it again on a "Closer" trailer.

Help is appreciated. Sorry if already posted.

Back